Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite a nice flower note. Singapore notes are are always attractive and have a strong collector demand.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Pillar of the Community
Canada
660 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-Thanks guys.

Quote:
Singapore notes are are always attractive and have a strong collector demand.

I have always admired their designs. I started watching them about a year ago & noticed the early Orchid series are tough to get in higher grades & often sell for 2-3X BV. (Forgetabout it 4 "Straits Settlements" notes!)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8303 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect a whole lot of paper but couldn't pass on this 1958 Cuba 50 Pesos note in really nice shape.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Canada
660 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one. It's P81b in SWPMC and the portrait features Calixto Garcia Iniguez (a Cuban general instrumental in Cuba's independence).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8303 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks walk2dwater :)
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United Kingdom
468 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes paralyse & walk2dwater
Valued Member
United Kingdom
468 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already had a 1 & a 5 won (1978) so couldn't resist these when I saw them going cheap
There are several different varieties of these banknotes, ones with a red seal or green seal, or no seal on the reverse. Red or black serial numbers, blue guilloche on the reverse etc.
North Korea 10 won & 50 won (1978)

Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
468 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jbuck
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been some time since posting here & thought I'd share my recent eBay purchases;

1) India 2012 1,000 Rupees F2B offset error
2) Venezuela 50 Bolivares B2F offset error
3) Philippines 2019 100 Piso Inverted Overprint Error
(In my years of searching global currency errors, this was the first Inverted Overprint error from the Philippines I've seen & purchased it the moment it was listed)

4) I just learned of the Canadian Polymer Notes and went on eBay.ca to purchase the $5 and two $10 notes, after seeing how nice they look I'm open to the U.S. to print some Polymer Notes.

I don't know how circulated Polymer notes look when circulated, maybe someone can post one that's been well circulated, say in Fine condition so I can see how they hold up in circulation.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
468 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes Broken-Coin

Here are a couple of used Scottish polymer notes I had in my wallet.
They crease badly and kept in your everyday folding wallet a centre crease becomes permanent, because they 'spring back' they can be a real pain for retail workers using a cash register.
In UNC condition though, there are some stunning polymer banknotes around.
Just my twopenny worth.
Will the USA go polymer? Interesting topic

Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's been some time since posting here & thought I'd share my recent eBay purchases;
Nice buys!

Quote:
Here are a couple of used Scottish polymer notes I had in my wallet.
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some really great looking notes posted!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received two Overprinting Fold error notes today, a 500 Rupees from India & a 100000 Rupiah from Indonesia.

Both error notes show a different Block serial number on the back side of the note when compared to the front serial number.

When I get a chance to download & reduce the images sizes to under 300kb I will post them here.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree - lots of great notes lately.
Waiting anxiously for Broken-Coin's the fold error notes
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05