Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84
Pillar of the Community
United States
4055 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic adds recently. to all the note posters.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When I get a chance to download & reduce the images sizes to under 300kb I will post them here.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like your offset errors "Broken-Coin." The 2019 Philippines 100 P is so dramatic. Really nice additions.

Quote:
4) I just learned of the Canadian Polymer Notes and went on eBay.ca to purchase the $5 and two $10 notes, after seeing how nice they look I'm open to the U.S. to print some Polymer Notes.

- I really dislike the 2011-2013 "Frontiers" series which are Canada's 1st foray into polymer. I find that the banknotes look quite dull/drab in person (they show better on a computer scan than in natural light). I've learned to accept the $5 and $10 though. I think they got the colour/designs looking much brighter/acceptable for the 2017 "150" Commemorative $10 and the new (2018) Vertical $10. Both look very nice in person (colours show well) and seem to last a little better than the earlier versions..

It would be nice to see US change to polymer but I don't think it will happen any time soon.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's mail: Mali 100 Francs P2 Guinea 50 Francs P6 Guinea 100 Francs P7

- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Valued Member
United Kingdom
475 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Superb trio of African notes there Dave L &👍
Valued Member
United Kingdom
475 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
England 1 (1971)
Libya 1 dinar (2019)
Mongolia 10 tugrik (1981)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  11:00 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The older African banknotes have some really dramatic designs "Dave L." Nice adds "Scots"
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes, Scotsgreyhound. I really like the guilloche/scrollwork design on the back of the 1 pound note.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  09:48 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this 1993 Lithuanian 200 Talon note (P45) up recently. Their banknotes shrunk in size while under Russian occupation:

-it's a bit small (reminds me of Yugoslavia or CR notes during the same periods) but the colours show well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Lithuanian notes. I agree the colors are nice.
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As mentioned in my previous post, I recently received two Overprint Foldover errors the same day, one from India & the other from Indonesia.

Both error notes have similar foldover errors with a different serial number Block.

India P-99v 500 Rupees (2010)
S/N Partial (front) 1KV 1945xx (xx = numbers printed on salvage & most likely trimmed)
S/N Partial (back) 2KV 1945xx (xx = numbers printed on adjacent note)

Can you imagine having to place a copy of your Drivers License on the outside of the envelope (This is not the first time I received a copy of the sellers drivers license on a envelope sent from India).

Indonesia P-153b 100000 Rupiah (2012)
S/N WHN044717 (lower left serial # on back)
S/N WHN044717 is missing on on the right side with
S/N WHO0447xx printed diagonally on front bottom left side. Like the note above, xx (missing numbers) should be printed the adjacent note.

I just received another error note from Moscow, this one a mismatched serial number error.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions "Broken-Coin!" It does seem odd that they would leave copies of the driver's license in the packages.
I'm also just wondering if it's necessary to post images of your address (on image #1 and #8) on the envelopes sent to you? Might be a good idea to delete those (for privacy reasons).
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in from Moscow, Russia ~ Mismatched serial numbers error.

Kyrgyzstan P-29a 1000 Son (2010)
Mismatched Serial numbers Error
S/N BE1499710 (left) BE1599710 (right)

Since I don't know how serial numbers are assigned to individual notes on sheets of Foreign Currency, I don't know which of the two serial numbers is the correct one and what number is the error, this is why people lucky enough to locate mismatched serial numbers from newly released back packs, include the bookend notes with the error note being the center note.

One of the security features on this note is the front to Back Registration on the word "C O M" on the lower right side of the Watermark, one half is split on the front with the other half on the back.

When held up to a light source C O M is connected, Pakistan currency also uses this feature on their notes.

I have a few more International Currency Errors in transit, two expected to be delivered by mid January 2020 & look forward to posting them here.

I included a bonus currency error in the pics below, this one from the USA.

BONUS Error Note

Here is a series 1995 $1 Overprint on back error note that was printed for the H-E Block ~ Run 9 ~ Sheet #142966 I just received from PMG, it's not a bad grade but I thought it could have gone up a point and expected a 67 instead of a 66.

This Overprint was printed on the well known back plate #295 engraving error (The Plate should have been used at the Washington DC Plant, not Fort Worth, Texas.

When I first posted this on Facebook, Fredrick Bart had commented that was the first one he has seen, I had taken the liberty of making a 9x12" laminated Census Chart showing the other 15 Serial Numbers from this sheet currently awaiting confirmation.

I also discovered some years back that the H-E Block runs printed at Fort Worth is also a COPE "Swapped Sheets" Variety where the serial numbers are off by 2 quadrants or 3,200,000 when you convert the serial number to its assigned COPE sheet plate position.

I believe the other 15 notes are also printed with the b/p295 engraving error.

While this was at PMG I decided to purchase a PCGS 66PPQ back plate #295 note with a Courtesy Autograph.

Page: of 84  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05