Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 112,373Next Topic
Page: of 106
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set WheatBack, the borders around those notes are so nice.
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up a set of Lebanon notes. I love the artwork on these.
These are really nice looking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2695 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've sorta hit a stopping point on my U.S. National Banknote collection. It's gotten to the point that it's too expensive to continue for where my collection is. A brick wall if you will. In the meantime I've been buying different world banknotes. It's actually kinda fun and relatively inexpensive (compared to what I'm used to), which is nice for once. I always like discovering and learning about new paper currency. Picked up these 32 consecutive UNC Serbia 1941 100 Dinara notes yesterday.

Edited by WheatBack
02/05/2020 6:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
879 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's gotten to the point that it's too expensive to continue for where my collection is. ... In the meantime I've been buying different world banknotes. It's actually kinda fun and relatively inexpensive (compared to what I'm used to), which is nice for once. I always like discovering and learning about new paper currency

Totally get this "Wheatback." Nice Lebanon set & Serbian run btw.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got 3 banknotes from The Sudan recently

Sudan 100 pounds (1989)

Sudan 10 pounds (2017)

Sudan 20 pounds (2017)

The 10 pounds looks like it has a mark on the reverse but it's just a counter flick/indent near the security strip. Some modern notes seem to have this annoying trait these days
Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In the meantime I've been buying different world banknotes.
Well done!

Quote:
Got 3 banknotes from The Sudan recently
Lovely trio!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
The 100 pounds (1989) is easily my favourite of the trio
Pillar of the Community
Canada
879 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks walk2dwater
Edited by ScotsGreyhound
02/06/2020 2:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2695 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because why not, right? These things run cheap and are a neat novelty item. Venezuela 5 Bolivares.

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Because why not, right? These things run cheap and are a neat novelty item. Venezuela 5 Bolivares.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
676 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bahamas $1/2 1974 (1984)

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
879 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These things run cheap and are a neat novelty item. Venezuela 5 Bolivares.

-Any radars in that brick "Wheatback"?

Quote:
Bahamas $1/2 1974 (1984)

-Like those island notes "Scots!"
Valued Member
Canada
335 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an awesome brick of Venezuela 5 Bolivares. For me it would pose a huge problem. I would not know if I should open it to look for special serial numbers or if I should save it as an unopened item.

It also tells us that Casa da Moeda do Brasil is the printer for Venezuela's current series of banknotes.
Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 112,373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05