Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,576 / Views: 112,330Next Topic
Page: of 106
Learn More...
United States
86185 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's P87 (a 2007 25 Krooni) from Estonia before it was dropped for the Euro:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2695 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought this one was neat. East Siberia/Russia 1918 25 Rubles.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the art work on that Ruble note!
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Russian note there, WheatBack - Love it!
I noticed too late that I had posted my note in the wrong thread - so here it is in the correct one - I hope!
Scotland 20 Pounds issued by RBS, and featuring Kate Cranston on front and Two squirrels on back.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2478 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Love that Russian note Wheatback.

The Scottish note is also kind of cool despite the fact I hate the plastic notes. Its nice to see red squirrels and I wonder how many are left up in Scotland as in the south of the country they have all been replaced with the more aggressive grey squirrels (aside from the Isle of Wight which is a bastion for our native red squirrels)
Learn More...
United States
86185 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought this one was neat. East Siberia/Russia 1918 25 Rubles.

Quote:
Scotland 20 Pounds issued by RBS, and featuring Kate Cranston on front and Two squirrels on back.
Nice examples!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
879 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1918 25 Rubles.

- I like the odd denomination. Odd denominations (plus the fascinating history, multitude of designs, affordable special numbers) are what attracted me to world paper money. Canada had a 500 Dollar banknote in 1935 featuring John A Macdonald: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935_...knote_seriesbut they're rarely seen (& not affordable).
Here's P177 a 500 Escudos from Portugal:

Learn More...
United States
86185 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's P177 a 500 Escudos from Portugal:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
675 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some excellent notes being added guys ^^^^

Two recent additions -
France 15 sols (1792)

Bank of England 1 (1970)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 1792 note is mighty sweet Scots!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
675 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  02:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CitationSquirrel, there were millions of the French Assignat notes issued around the time of the French Revolution, so they're quite easy & cheap to purchase.
Nice to have a little item from an important part of history I think.
Learn More...
United States
86185 Posts
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A new add to my Musical notes collection. Ghana 20,000 Cedis featuring Ephraim Amu on front and the National Theater of Ghana on back.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Learn More...
United States
86185 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A new add to my Musical notes collection. Ghana 20,000 Cedis featuring Ephraim Amu on front and the National Theater of Ghana on back.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
675 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a nice pair of Bank of England 1 notes (1970) with consecutive serial numbers.

Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,576 / Views: 112,330Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05