Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 268
Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2010  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this 1971S Proof Peg Leg purchase today in the mail.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2010  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't hold me to it but it looks like there is a Jaw Line die clash
on the reverse of the 1972-D. ?
Might just be the way that the light is hitting it.

Terry.

Here's a closer pic of the area. It might be there, but very faint.

Thanks,

Chuck.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2010  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1972P Type 2 is the March Release!

Verified on the Ike group forum

It has the die crack between the T & E of states that's not present on the August release type 2's.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2010  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another purchase:

I just got in today, a 1971S "BROWN IKE" Peg Leg Proof.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2010  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chuck,
Definitely a Jaw Line Die Clash, My guess from the picture
it may be a grade "C"
http://ikegroup.org/JL.htm

Love the 72 Type 2 March Release
and a Very Nice 71-S Peg Leg Proof
Seeing all these Ike varieties does my heart good at the end
of a long day.
Thanks for sharing them

Terry
Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2010  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Terry!
Learn More...
United States
62650 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2010  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not let it bother you that I have not posted any recent comments in this topic...

I am still enjoying the photos!
Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2010  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is so special about this particular Eisenhower dollar?

No clue?

Let's say that it cost a dollar on the Bay with FREE shipping.
Not bad, so now the cost is 39 cents.

Plus you add in that it was purchased with an eBay buck and that brings the total price to FREE!!

Fat Fruit Frolic
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2010  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coinaholic,

You just can not beat a Free Ike

Very Cool!

Terry
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rastatodd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I acquired a 1976-D Eisenhower variety 1 from my local bank, saw it sitting in the tellers tray shiny as can be. I would grade it a MS64 or 65. Now I'm not a "Ike" collector, so I went to eBay to see what they were going for at auction. And found others of a lesser grade going between $3 to $6. I would put it up for auction at the forum here but I don't have the postings and of course they shut down the auction site, so off to eBay to give them some of my hard earned cash!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just purchased this one a couple of weeks ago.
I have to re-shoot the closeups for the obverse
of "In God We Trust' and the "1" in the date.
The Doubling shows up nicely on the reverse shots though.
Summer time seems to get harder to find time to play
with the coins..

Terry

Pillar of the Community
United States
4489 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that has a nice spread!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3932 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terry:

CONGRATS!- Real nice notching!
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maichinht to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys have some pretty nice IKE's there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2010  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sunday Morning playing with the camera and the coins.
Almost too much fun. Almost
Double Talon Head and Peg Leg "R"
Terry

Edited by stewart
08/01/2010 12:07 pm
Page: of 268 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05