Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 252
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2445 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice FEV.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Pillar of the Community
United States
1121 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darth, very nice RDV-006
Man are you ever picking them off

As the man said, grab the low hanging fruit while you can

Stewart
Learn More...
United States
57096 Posts
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pan4au to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hit a couple of banks looking for a few Kennedy halves. I found $7 worth .. no keepers but while I was at one bank I noticed that the drive through teller had a single Ike on her coin tray I asked for and got it.. It was a 1978s copper clad proof.

Learn More...
United States
57096 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2445 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  06:19 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hit a couple of banks looking for a few Kennedy halves. I found $7 worth .. no keepers but while I was at one bank I noticed that the drive through teller had a single Ike on her coin tray I asked for and got it.. It was a 1978s copper clad proof.

A most unusual occurrence. You never know whatís out there. Proofs have also been found in $1000 bank bags. Just imagine if it had been an 1895 proof Morgan!
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Pillar of the Community
United States
5201 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Realy nice find on that 78-S pan4au.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RubyOpal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of around 20 brown box Eisenhower proof dollars that my mom bought from 1971-74, one case cracked open, resulting in Ike wearing a rainbow halo:

Iím not sure what to do with him - Iím afraid to remove the coin from the black plastic holder, but I donít want to try gluing the clear plastic case back together either.
Edited by RubyOpal
02/11/2018 5:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
57096 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Out of around 20 brown box Eisenhower proof dollars that my mom bought from 1971-74, one case cracked open, resulting in Ike wearing a rainbow halo:
Very nice!

Quote:
Iím not sure what to do with him - Iím afraid to remove the coin from the black plastic holder, but I donít want to try gluing the clear plastic case back together either.
You might want to consider putting him in an Air-Tite.

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...-dollar.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
629 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RubyOpal That is unique toning for a brown box Ike. I really like it!
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RubyOpal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
RubyOpal That is unique toning for a brown box Ike. I really like it!

Thanks! I guess I have the US Mint to thank for poor quality control...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2445 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Wowzers! That is a highly contrasted rainbow target on the key date no less. Love it. Itís uncommon to find this sort of toning on brown box Ikes other than 1974.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3777 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Out of around 20 brown box Eisenhower proof dollars that my mom bought from 1971-74, one case cracked open, resulting in Ike wearing a rainbow halo

Very nice!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RubyOpal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wowzers! That is a highly contrasted rainbow target on the key date no less. Love it. Itís uncommon to find this sort of toning on brown box Ikes other than 1974.

Why is that? I mean, why 1974, and not other years? (Sorry if this is a total newbie question...)
Page: of 252 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 7.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05