Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 301
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
6139 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This thread reminded me I did not have the proof silver Eisenhower dollars yet. I was able to find a set in Proof 69 Cameo of the ten proofs from 1971 through 1977, and a separate one of 1978 (of which I did not post a photo). All were graded by PCGS.
Excellent!

300 Pages!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jcc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all. Just wanted to show a 1976 Ike I found today from the bank. Looks pretty good me but I'm not an expert like so many here are so I figured I could get some good feedback from the good folks here. Any input is always welcome and appreciated!

Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In honor of Ike's birthday, coming up on the 14th, I decided to peruse through my collection of "brown" and "blue" 40%'ers. Picked out the best one to post . .

Pillar of the Community
United States
1182 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ilikeikes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NICE 76-P Jcc1!! Clean, early strike, with crisp letters and numbers, lack of major hit marks, lack of planchet chatter makes this much higher grade than average, IMHO. Looks like some clashing on reverse, raised rotated neck clash below oF stands out to me. Sometimes a new obverse die is used when clash repair work reaches the point of diminishing too much detail, while the reverse die left on, until worn out too much. I would have liked to have seen this original obverse die with the clashing.
Here's an overlay, compliments of Maddieclashes.com
http://www.maddieclashes.com/dollar-overlays/
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey all. Just wanted to show a 1976 Ike I found today from the bank.
Excellent!

Quote:
In honor of Ike's birthday, coming up on the 14th, I decided to peruse through my collection of "brown" and "blue" 40%'ers. Picked out the best one to post . .
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4051 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some beautiful coins everyone
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jcc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ilikeikes, Jbuck and Scopru for the replies! Sorry it took so long to get back to you but was out of town on business. I really appreciate all the good info on 1976 Ike!
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks Ilikeikes, Jbuck and Scopru for the replies! Sorry it took so long to get back to you but was out of town on business. I really appreciate all the good info on 1976 Ike!
You are very welcome.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second addition. This is an "upgrade" to the one I have now in NGC since I want a complete PCGS set.

1972-S 40% Silver Eisenhower dollar

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous silver 72
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6139 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - very, very nice additions!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Page: of 301 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05