Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,708 / Views: 353,702Next Topic
Page: of 314
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I neglected to mention, the coin went through a coin counter, THAT's the "anomoly"(circular lines, concentric, below ear, behind eye).

I meant that other artifact- one that looks like a "7" right in front of Ike's ear.

My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  10:57 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got "The Amish Man" in the mail the other day.

Thanks, Seth. I like it!

My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Edited by Darth Morgan
03/21/2020 11:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked these two up a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to cracking them out and photographing them.

Learn More...
United States
86237 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got "The Amish Man" in the mail the other day.
Excellent!

Quote:
Picked these two up a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to cracking them out and photographing them.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The latest registry upgrade.....

Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice addition Darth Morgan.
Learn More...
United States
86237 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5051 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DM, that's a beauty!
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prototype to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Darth!
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prototype to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question ...

For anyone who has ever cracked-out a proof Ike from its plastic brown box packaging ...

Do you simply hit all four sides of the large plastic case (as when cracking open a PCGS or NGC slab)?

Does it come apart fairly easily?

And are there any special tricks or tips to know before attempting to do this?

Thanks!
Learn More...
United States
86237 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to break them open with a little twist, but some required me to run a utility knife down the seam first.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prototype to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin just arrived.

As it was graded by PCGS, the original government brown pack plastic holder for the 1971-S proof is, in-turn, sealed inside the large PCGS plastic holder.

Does anyone have actual experience removing the PCGS sealed plastic enclosure case housing the original plastic case?

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5051 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this beauty, it turned out it is also the DDO-004 EDS as well. I will post the DDO close ups in the appropriate topic.

Learn More...
United States
86237 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5051 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck.

Not sure what I did , meant to post it in the post an Ike topic. could you please move it?
Page: of 314 Previous TopicReplies: 4,708 / Views: 353,702Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05