Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,749 / Views: 363,469Next Topic
Page: of 317
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Used to be a Commodore 64 game by this name. Every time I hear the word I think of trapping computer aliens.

KeepTheChange, very nice!

Quote:
A bit late but congrats on the 1990 Ikes, jbuck! Those are nice ones. But for some reason, your photos aren't showing.
Stupid CCF Gallery issues.

Quote:
The 2013's are going to be a little harder... I have the W but there just aren't that many P's out there on ebay. Good luck!
Thanks!
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But for some reason, your photos aren't showing.
What happens when you click on the My Eisenhower Dollars link in my signature?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1201 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ilikeikes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1972-S has INCUSE islands, not raised true islands, so, your earth is spot on.
IF you ever found a 1971-S BU Silver, or a P or D mint IKE with incuse islands, you would be in every coin forum
in the world.
Remember, the PROOF 1971-S IKE has the incuse islands also.
Starting in 1973, the "New" Islands started, went to 1978 end year of production, except for
the 1975-6 Bicentennial Liberty Bell reverse.
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quote "IF you ever found a 1971-S BU Silver, or a P or D mint IKE with incuse islands, you would be in every coin forum
in the world."

Is there a guesstimation of how many of those are out there?
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the Ikes, in addition to the incused islands, are there other significant varieties to look for? I've got a number of them that have been stored since the early 80s; gifts, payment for one thing or the other, cashing out and swapping till change at the end of the shift, etc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best source of info for Ike's

The Ike Group

https://www.ikegroup.info/?page_id=23
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks chuckster 125
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A blushing Ike. I removed this from the Govt. cellophane last week because it looked like the cello was causing marks on the reverse by the globe. There were no tears in the cellophane. It has toning that gives it a noticeable golden hue and a slight blush to Ike's face. It has some surface bashes and what looks like a plating issue by the "B" on the Obverse. The most noticeable bash is on the wing on the rev which is enough to cause the flip plastic to budge. I included the R and mintmark pics for the curious. Enjoy.

Below is for color comparison

Plating or tarnish issue below?

Marks across globe:

for the curious:

bash on wing, the most silver looking part of the coin:

Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely example.

There is no plating on these. What you see is a little bit of toning. The other marks and rubs are normal for these big dollars which were not given the greatest care by the mint or anyone else for that matter.
Page: of 317 Previous TopicReplies: 4,749 / Views: 363,469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 6.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05