Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,873 / Views: 371,279Next Topic
Page: of 325
Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1974 Mint set arrived recently, so these are being added to my Ike album
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I browse this thread on a regular basis, one of my favorite series. Thanks to all for posting pics.
Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice ones - how close are you to finishing your album

Still a bit to go. 11 holes to fill in the album. Goal is to complete it this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6977 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread comes into my inbox as does chafemasterj's counterstamped cents.

Too bad the new dollar coins coming out this year were not issued in a special clad edition for circulation. People would only collect them though with few actually wanting to carry a bunch around to use. But it would have been cool.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Still a bit to go. 11 holes to fill in the album. Goal is to complete it this year.
An obtainable goal. Good luck!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
An obtainable goal. Good luck

Thanks jbuck
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was practicing taking pics of proof coins and figured the Ikes would be more difficult because of their size. This is about the best I could do before the batteries died..........

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rothery, that is one Beautiful Ike. Great photos as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that is one Beautiful Ike. Great photos as well.

Thanks HP for the comments.
Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was practicing taking pics of proof coins and figured the Ikes would be more difficult because of their size. This is about the best I could do before the batteries died.
Looking good!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some new arrivals. Two down nine to go. Wish I had a better setup for taking pictures.

Learn More...
United States
18642 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really struggle to take good pics of coins in slabs, but this '71-S Proof in mint packaging is a recent addition from my secret santa:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ilikeikes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice frosty 77 there 8isgreat!
I could NOT shoot coins, especially PROOF coins, the reflections just so hard to work with.
I read in a coin photography book about LIGHT BOXES.
Google that..you CAN make high quality pics with this system, so, I urge you, and anyone else
struggling for professional coin images to give it a shot.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Spence. It's hard enough taking pictures of a raw coin. Add in a slab and it can be quite the challenge.
Page: of 325 Previous TopicReplies: 4,873 / Views: 371,279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05