Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,985 / Views: 376,285Next Topic
Page: of 333
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stopped at the local coin store, 45 miles distance from home, before my truck oil change. Been working a lot hauling the Amish work crew, had money in my pocket to spend. Purchased a 1976 3 coin proof set, $15.00 dollars, a 1971, 1972, 1973, silver Ike's with the blue token sealed in plastic. And 2 more Ike's, 1974S and 1976S all silver so hope they appreciate in value. Paid $9.00 each for the Blue's and the other 2. Surely $60.00 was not to much to spend on my self.

If I can't get them from the bank, I'll buy them. Webekin
Pillar of the Community
United States
7048 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice additions

I remember in '76 opening the ones my Grandfather had ordered form the mint for us. I was blown away by how beautiful the sets were.

And back then design changes on coins were unheard of. So seeing totally different REVs on these gave them a very special status. I remember everyone was excited about the new designs whether they were coin collectors or not.

So many, "Hey, have you seen the new..." conversations. It was almost something magical seeing the first Bicentennial coin in hand.

Good memories.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

very nice additions. they were well taken care of
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions. You picked up some great coins for the price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2013-P Silver proof 5-star Generals Ike commemorative

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My '73-S Clad proof Ike
Excellent!

Quote:
Stopped at the local coin store, 45 miles distance from home... Surely $60.00 was not to much to spend on my self.
Outstanding!

Quote:
2013-P Silver proof 5-star Generals Ike commemorative
Very nice! Looks just like the one I have inbound... and it is out for delivery!
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks just like the one I have inbound... and it is out for delivery!

Very nice - look foward to seeing it..

BTW, my 8176 Ike album is out for delivery today - Soooo later on, I'll be posting up the rest of my Ikes dollar coins I have been holding back on posting until it came in.. get ready.....

Edited by Dearborn
03/08/2021 09:46 am
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BTW, my 8176 Ike album is out for delivery today - Soooo later on, I'll be posting up the rest of my Ikes dollar coins I have been holding back on posting until it came in.. get ready.....
Excellent!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought two Ike's, a 1971-S Silver PR69DCAM and a 1979-S Silver PR69DCAM. I suppose they are run-of-the-mill coins so not sure if I should post them. I do like the reverse best of these coins though. I was thinking of having the obverse of the '71 and the reverse 76' facing out in my album.
What is also interesting to observe is that "bells" seem to go with "bald guys", e.g. Liberty Bell on the Bald Franklin half, and Liberty Bell with Moon on Bald Ike.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just bought two Ike's, a 1971-S Silver PR69DCAM and a 1979-S Silver PR69DCAM. I suppose they are run-of-the-mill coins so not sure if I should post them.
No such thing as a run-of-the-mill Ike!

Quote:
What is also interesting to observe is that "bells" seem to go with "bald guys", e.g. Liberty Bell on the Bald Franklin half, and Liberty Bell with Moon on Bald Ike.
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Am I right or am I right?!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Page: of 333 Previous TopicReplies: 4,985 / Views: 376,285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05