Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,073 / Views: 408,132Next Topic
Page: of 339
Pillar of the Community
United States
8257 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! I like this one much better than the REV proof. It makes President Eisenhower look more real than the other. I like the other also, but the details of his face are more prominent on this one.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love it! I agree with Earle42, I definitely prefer the proof over reverse proof on these Presidential dollars. The price is also much nicer!
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both.

The reverse proof most definitely looks better in hand than the photo. I am just happy to have a second pair now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice JBuck!
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, any good options for inserting the 2015 Ike dollar/proof into the regular Ike Dansco album? There are 4 extra spaces, and right now I have the commems and the two reverses (regular and bicentennial) in those spaces, but I think the 2015 dollars might look better in there than the reverses. I'm just not sure if there is an insert or something that would allow it to fit right.
Edited by captaincoffee
04/22/2022 11:34 am
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have pondered this in the past. I looked at foam capsule rings from Air-Tite, Lighthouse, and similar brands. It would need approximate a 38.1 mm capsule with a 26.5 mm foam ring. Everything I found required some trimming, so I then pondered if I could acquire that same foam and fashion my own rings.

Ultimately it was not project I wanted to pursue. I have had the same four duplicate Ikes in those holes for nearly thirty years. It would be weird to swap them out now. My PCGS set has satisfied my desire to have a consolidated 1971-2015 Ike collection.
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incoming!

So I bought something on a whim. Well, a whim prompted by an offer from the seller of a watched item. Description says one thing, photos show another. I need both, so it is somewhat of a dice roll as to which one actually gets crossed off the list. We shall see what I get. Either way, I cannot complain about the price!
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here we are!

I bought this because the seller offered to to me for 40% off what was listed, putting it well below both PCGS and NumisMedia price guides.

This was the one I mentioned to CeltciKnot earlier that had it as a 2015-P in both the description (while the title clearly said 2015-D) and some of the photos (he had several of two different Ikes).

I was hoping it would be the elusive 2015-P, but am glad to finally fill the 2015-D hole at a great price.

I am sure the listing errors were an honest mistake. I am also sure he had that 2015-P at one time and I missed it!
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For what it is worth, I have to trust the label. One of the prongs on the holder is over where the mint mark is.

I might try to get it to rotate into view, but not any time soon.

Did I ever tell you all how much I hate edge lettering?
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incoming!

Something on my list show up on eBay at an affordable price and I am excited to check that box off the list.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4091 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats on your new purchases!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8257 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did I ever tell you all how much I hate edge lettering?

Nice pickup though!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Learn More...
United States
114743 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Congrats on your new purchases!

Quote:
Nice pickup though!
Thank you both.
Page: of 339 Previous TopicReplies: 5,073 / Views: 408,132Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: