Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,089 / Views: 416,622Next Topic
Page: of 340
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was awhile ago Darth Morgan helped me with mine.
Darth is good people! He provided me four of the Ikes in my graded set.

Quote:
Long live the King! Super pick up!
Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awesome JBuck!
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2022  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incoming!

The last of the 1972 Varieties (V3) is on the way. That leaves the 2015-P (business strike) to complete my extended set.

I do have one more slot in the Lighthouse box for a final miscellaneous Ike. Perhaps the Friendly Eagle?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2557 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do have one more slot in the Lighthouse box for a final miscellaneous Ike. Perhaps the Friendly Eagle?

How about a Daniel Carr overstrike? http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_3.htm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8633 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2022  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two of my favorite "Ikes" are a Carr 1975 and Carr 1970.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about a Daniel Carr overstrike? http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_3.htm
Not unless I can find one already in a PCGS slab. I am not gonna pay to get it done.

There are four non-PCGS slabs in the box. They occupy the four ends slots (two on each end; the box holds two rows of 25 slabs). Two of them are NGC that I had before settling on PCGS. Two are in Lighthouse Everslabs (same size as NGC). The free space is next to a PCGS slab. It would look weird to throw in another Everlsab, which are tight in main slots (the end slots they others are in are a little bit bigger by their nature).
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest arrival!

Price lists say I overpaid, but recent sales say I did okay.

1972 Eisenhower dollar Variety 3

Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on landing your Type 3.
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8633 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Nice addition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12360 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1973 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2022  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I have reason to be on here! I am sure jbuck and others have heard of the Big Sky Hoard of high grade Ikes. I believe most were 1977-D and some 223,000 dollars were in this hoard. This is a nice NGC MS-65 graded one, and I only spent $2.00 for it! I have several Ikes in my collection, but I think this one will go in my American type set

Pillar of the Community
United States
8633 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2022  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and I only spent $2.00 for it!

Wow! Great price!
Page: of 340 Previous TopicReplies: 5,089 / Views: 416,622Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: