Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 263
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2010  07:20 am  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the great haul. I love it when they surface at the banks like that. It's kind of like a surprise Christmas present.
I hope you find a bunch of cool varieties in that group.
I remember when a teller called me to let me know she had found a stash like that. Had a lot of fun going through them.

Have Fun

Terry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2010  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2010  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2010  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like I am playing catch up to all you guys with nice collections....

I ordered a Ike Dansco Album with proofs yesterday, I was going to order it Monday but a drunk lady ran her van into my house and put me a couple days behind ...

I have 26 here that I think I will put into the Dansco. If I remember right it takes ... 35?

GoldRush58 - GR58
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2010  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking set!

The album holds 36 coins, but is labeled for 32. The 1972 varieties are not included, at least not in my album.

I have four extra Eisenhower dollars in the four extra holes, one of them is the 1972 variety 1. I have a 1972 variety 3 in the 1972 hole. I do not have a 1972 variety 2.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2010  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am probably going to comment on every single picture

Nice looking 1973!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Ike Dansco came today .. and a blank half dollar Dansco ..

I think all went in pretty good. First group I put in was 23 coins.
I had a couple that did not look that good so did not put them in.
After I took some pics I found two more in the safe, so right now I am sitting on 25 holes filled. 7 to go. I may have a couple more, I have several boxes of 2x2's I have not looked through yet. I did not know there were so many different 1976's

Some of the pics show a dark spot that is not on the coin, like the 77 S proof. Must be a reflection or something.

GoldRush58 - GR58
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Snooba - Those some nice looking high grade Ikes ..

Anyone - Is the best place to get 1976 type I's from 1975 mint and proof sets.
I am not sure how many type ones were made .. I guess I am hoping there would
a easy place to get them ...
GoldRush58 - GR58
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3841 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I ordered a Ike Dansco Album with proofs yesterday, I was going to order it Monday but a drunk lady ran her van into my house and put me a couple days behind ...

do you have pics of the damage?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not get any pics of the damage before the repairs were started .. $5400.00 in damaged .. have to tear off the brick on the outside and broken drywall on the inside .. then rebuild the wall.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
United States
3841 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
who paid for the damages? you or the drunk woman?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Her husbands insurance ...

Oh .. she gets drunk on drinking bottles of Listerine ..... she lives 5 houses down from me
GoldRush58 - GR58
Page: of 263 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05