Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 269
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldRush58

Oh .. she gets drunk on drinking bottles of Listerine ..

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11892 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the topic ..

Does anyone know if I go out and cherry pick some 1975 mint and proof set, that I might have a good chance to find some type one, 1976 Ike's. I am not sure how many were type one's.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know, all of the 1975 mint and proof sets have the Variety I Eisenhower dollars.

That is to say, every 1975 or 1976 set that I have every looked at has had Variety I in the 1975 sets and Variety II in the 1976 sets.

I cannot imagine there not being a Variety I in a 1976 set, or a Variety II in a 1975 set. But those sets would probably be worth much more intact because of the anomaly.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11892 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck

Thanks ... I just got back from the coin shop. I thought I got everyone I needed .. but looks like I still don't have a 1972. I have a couple hundred in a bag that are from circulation, maybe there is one in there that will work until I find a better one.

And what you said seems to be true, every 1975 set that I looked at had type one Ike's. I just never knew that before .. but it does make since.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11892 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ALL DONE! ...sort of

OK .. This was fun. But did not really get the grades I was shooting for. The pictures seem to show the imperfections more than having the coins in hand. Of course I can put some of them on my upgrade list.

In two of the last four holes to put the two types of reverses, and left two holes for a proof and UNC Ike commemorative dollars.

GoldRush58 - GR58
Edited by GR58
05/01/2010 1:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2010  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GoldRush,

Very Nice!
I really like that 1971-P looks nice and clean with some great luster
from the photo. Very Hard to find like that.
I think I have 71-P OCD when I see them like yours I have to buy them.
Some Kind of Subliminal Government programming? Not Sure

Terry
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11892 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2010  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for positive input.

There are a few that I really like in this set, but I would say my favorite's are the 1973 S and 1974 S BU's.
A while back I bought a group of Ike blue packs, for $2.00 each (4 each from 71 to 74). The 73's and 74's were still in the mint shipping boxes. The two in this dansco, were the ones I thought would grade the highest.

Also, I was in the coin shop today, buying proof sets to break and saw they had a 1991 comm Ike, I just forgot to ask what they wanted for it. If it is a good deal I will pick that up this week.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2010  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it is a good deal I will pick that up this week.
Good idea!

I have a 1991 Eisenhower Commemorative proof in my 1991 Prestige set. I am thinking about getting an uncirculated one for my 7070.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2010  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent Acquisition

Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2010  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sigh........Okay.....I've ordered the Eisenhower Dansco with Proofs (amongst other albums as well !).....and I'll be starting this one as soon as I get it !
I've already got a few nice ones to start......but "beat up old circulated ones" just won't do for my Dansco....so those of that kind won't be going in there......let the Eisenhower Hunt begin !

Wasn't I working on a Kennedy Dansco ......... .......hummmm. Oh well ! ....
Edited by eaglefoot
05/05/2010 10:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2010  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EagleFoot,

Eisenhower's have become one the most challenging and fun series of coins I have ever collected. Finding them in high grades can be quite a
challenge. Started my Dansco two years ago and still only 80% done.
Also found out about all of the varieties inside this very short series of coins, Just Amazing to me. The Variety hunting took over the Dansco
in a short amount of time.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Eisenhower Hunting.

Terry
Learn More...
United States
63580 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2010  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is nice to have some time to play with the camera and the Ike's.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11892 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2010  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stewart

You have some great looking Ike's very nice strike on the 71 D.
That 72 S jumps right out at ya. And that is another variety I did not know about.

Eaglefoot

Good luck on putting together your Ike set. It was fun for me, but it is hard to find some nice higher grade coins. There are a few I know I will update when I find better ones. Most of mine came from mint or proof sets.

All/Jbuck

They made me a offer I could not refuse $18.50 for a 1990 proof Ike commemorative.

GoldRush58 - GR58
Page: of 269 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05