Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 268
Learn More...
United States
62367 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They made me a offer I could not refuse $18.50 for a 1990 proof Ike commemorative.
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GoldRush58

Beautiful Eisenhower Commemorative!
I have not had the opprotunity to come across one of those yet
I would like to put one in to one of the extra spots in the Dansco.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11872 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is where mine is right now. Bottom center of the last page. I have one empty blank hole left.
In that I will put a BU Ike Commemorative.

I went to one of the other local coin shops this morning. They had a proof just as nice as mine, but with a better looking box. They offered to me for $20.00. And I see them on the coinsbybobby site for about the same price.
Next order I make with him I will pick up the BU, if I don't find it local first.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a special Ike;

Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COINAHOLIC

Is that one of those Big 3 inch Replicas?

Terry
Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup

But it is still an Ike!
Edited by COINAHOLIC
05/06/2010 10:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2010  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Cool, I think one of those would look cool hanging on the Wall
over my Desk.

Terry
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2010  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Like finding Eisenhower Circulation Strikes with what looks like Mint Frost on them. Very Hard to pick up with the camera. Around the Temple,Eye, Cheek Bone and Neck. And inside the Eagle Feathers on the reverse.

Terry

Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2010  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDan98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those are awesome coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1199 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratio411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
72 Blue I just picked up Saturday...
Learn More...
United States
62367 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a special Ike;
Nice replica, COINAHOLIC!

Quote:
I Like finding Eisenhower Circulation Strikes with what looks like Mint Frost on them
Yet another beautiful Eisenhower dollar from Stewart!

Quote:
72 Blue I just picked up Saturday...
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ratio411,
Very Clean 72-S Blue Ike
I Like
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11872 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stewart,
Where do you look for Ike's. You seem to find some very nice ones.

I mean, are you finding them online or local shops?
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GoldRush58,
It started two years ago with just buying a Dansco and searching at Banks and $1.25 Bins at local coin shops. Then I found the Ike group
and the fun really began. I had already been very heavily enjoying Morgan and Peace dollar VAMS. Not much of a leap after seeing all the different varieties that were out there of Eisenhower's. Then a little bit of e-bay. That quickly became more disappointing than rewarding. Now it is Local shows and coin shops. There is one shop here in the town where I live that let me have first shot at any Ike's that come in. And another small one that is also an antique shop along with some coins that I clean him out when ever he gets some in. So he does not mind buying them from the public when they come in. Because My son or I will stop in regularly and buy up what ever has come in.

Terry
Pillar of the Community
United States
1599 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2010  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest Ike(72S)-pic does not do it justice-it is really nice. About 12 to go.

Page: of 268 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 8.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05