Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post An Ike (Eisenhower Dollar)  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 258
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2010  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked this up:

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2010  10:56 am  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love seeing all of these High Grade Ikes

Terry
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2010  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not as high grade as some of the beautiful ones posted
but a good example of a 72 Type 3 Talon Head die clash, (Ike's Temple)

Terry

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2010  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teelow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scanner does not do the greatest job when they are in cases..

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3910 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2010  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a special order $100.00 bag of Ike's from my local bank and found this nice 1972P.

It looks like a struck through grease error with the L & I missing in Liberty, a very light 7 in the date and some light lettering on the In God We Trust on the Obverse and light lettering of the O in ONE on the Reverse.

Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2010  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dusting off this one and relocating it!

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2010  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice error find, Chuckster!

Beautiful 3-Piece set, COINAHOLIC!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3910 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2010  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found this 72D Peg Leg tonight from the same $100.00 bag of Ike's.

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2010  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice find!

How many coins do you have left to examine from this bag?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3910 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2010  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck!

I examined all 100 last night, nice and slow, one at a time.

Just these 2 keepers.

I cashed in the other 98 Ike's today, over 50 of them were all 1776-1976 Bi-Cenn's P's.

I'll probably let a few weeks go bye and then re-order again as I'm not a heavy IKE collector.

Edited by chuckster 125
05/25/2010 9:03 pm
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2010  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, two keepers out of one hundred is not bad for Eisenhower dollars.

Of course, I would probably want to keep all 100 for some crazy reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1599 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2010  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stewart-love the talon head; I've collected 4 or 5 of them. Still after a peg leg.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2010  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JPrine,
Thanks for the Compliment
And Congratulations on the Talon Head finds.
For me also it has always been harder to find
Peg Legs than Talon Heads. I have always wondered
if it had something to do with the area of the
country I live in. (SouthWest Michigan)
and the way the U.S. Mint distributes coins
Just a weird coin thought
Page: of 258 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 8.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05