Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dime Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 415
Pillar of the Community
United States
3976 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2010  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 box total:

2 boxes were skunks.

1 box had 3- a 47S, 52S and 64P Roosevelt.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2010  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
picked up $635 - $220 nf strings and $400 or so CRW.. nf ZILCH..

CRW - 3: 53, 59, 64-d
plus a 1978 CCCP 10c?
and a 1978 Venezuela 25c
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man you guys are cleaning up! I'm also considering jumping on the bandwagon and getting 2 boxes of dimes per week instead of halves! I've been pulling 1 per week if that from halves recently and they are such a pain to dump. I may find a different source bank for them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dimes seem to be the only thing working for me. it seems there are a LOT of hunters in my area for halves. every bank I came to said they either got rid of them all, have ZERO, or " oh your looking for silver". best bet for halves to to keep ordering and hope for anything....

dimes however, are always there.. and many people do not realize the old ones are silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SD, you seem to do well with dimes, I've been skunked the last couple of boxes. and then only 1 per box if I'm lucky.
Valued Member
Canada
60 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acodym to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! You guys seem to be doing really good with dime searching! The only coins I ever searched before were penies and that was only twice! I am kind of new to this forum and coin collecting so does anybody have any advice on roll searching? I was also thinking how much does it cost to buy a box of dimes? Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dimes are $250/box, nickels are $100, cents are $25, halves are $500
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took my own advice today and picked up a Brinks box of dimes. I had a 1957 and a 1964. Even better, I roll hunted outside in the sun!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what bank was open today?
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2010  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are a couple of grocery store based branches that have sunday hours.
Edited by jedichef
05/30/2010 11:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slash112 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so at work today I checked my rolls and drawer before I started, the dimes I got in one roll were 2 52D's and 2 64's
also a 1992 S clad proof and a 1978 clad proof
Also got 7 wheat pennies but thats for another thread
:P
Wondering how hard it would really be to put together the silver roosie set from circulation I have like 12 different dates and mm's already from not a too long time at it. Anyone complete this set recently with circulation roll finds, I don't buy coins I think its lame haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the S mints from the 40s would be really tough. You may be able to do a late date set from the 1950s onwards.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have found quite a few S MM, here on the west coast. my find rate is almost 1 per $100 searched...not bad I think? but I have assembled a good portion of the set through circulation. but as gothic said, 50 onward would sound about right. the earlier would be a lot scarcer
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another box today

48-P and
14x 2009-D!
2x 2009-P!

FInally got some 09's!
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2010  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Americanamafia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
has anyone had any luck seaching plastic rolls w/o opening them or do you miss alot?
Page: of 415 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05