Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dime Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 417
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2010  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with dimes, you dont have 40%..its all 90. I pulled that 1918 on my first roll!.. and it was white/silver. absolutely no copper trace. I would think its harder to miss than halves
Pillar of the Community
United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2010  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good job on that 1918, been doing dimes for three years now myself, got 5 mercs so far in 2010, keep going, they are out there! Last year found 15. My average on mercs is 1/$1800 searched.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2010  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to add, my skunk rate on dime boxes runs about 9%, compared to about 70% with boxes of halves. Takes less than an hour to go thru 4 boxes of dimes. My dime score is 1/$150 searched, compared to 1 40% half every $500 searched (box).

ffd
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2010  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I'm not gonna miss silver edge searching (I've found 3 and they were all obvious) - just anything else interesting. My time is kinda limited so I'd rather spend it with nickels, halves and cents. For me, dimes (for now) are just about the silver, but to each his own!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2010  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do you go through 4 boxes/hour!! it took my 2 hours to go through mine. then again I added re-roll time...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2010  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SDcoinguy, I am only rim searching, so it takes just a matter of seconds to tear roll open and glance. I don't miss any. Search a couple million clad rims and over time you can do it in your sleep. To speed things up, I never re-roll. If I did, I would have quit a long time ago.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
1407 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2010  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugh, I can't imagine re-rolling. Thank goodness for coin counters at the bank.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2010  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn!

My first box of dimes, a couple weeks ago, had two silver Roosevelts.

But this turned out to be beginner's luck:

* second box had zero silver dimes

* third box had zero silver dimes

But I did learn that recent (non-silver) Canadian dimes seen from the edge have no copper layer and appear silver

Oh well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2010  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jdh..

i returned and got $250 in customer wrapped and got 3 rosies! 47, 63-d, 64-d... did see one canadian... but I would ask for customer wrapped. most likely somone is not dumping dimes. at least that is what my bank tellers tell me. mostly .25 and .50 get dumped. so customer wrapped are a safer bet IMHO
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2010  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The return of Coincrazed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grrrrrrrrr. You lucky stiff! Congrats on the mercury. I do dimes a lot,and I haven't found a mercury yet, and I want to! This guy on treasurenet, (his name is fistfulladirt)is an EXCELLENT dime roll hunter. He was the one that introduced me to dimes. Boy, you should see him HAUL in the rosies and mercuries! He HAULS them in like there is no tomorrow! He told me he finds Barbers as well. He kept giving me encouragement on the dimes, and the third time I tried them I found a 1964 silver. I was hooked. After that, I continued to do dimes, and managed to rack up 83 rosies last year, finding 55 in $240 worth. I'm planning to do more this year if half dollars don't produce. Good luck, I'm in Cali as well. - coincrazed
Edited by The return of Coincrazed
03/18/2010 5:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2010  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coin crazed... hope your not in north county area... lol.. you do better in boxes? or CWR?
Valued Member
India
229 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2010  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
we need to encourage roll searching there is this one time I found a 1916 D dime in a roll. I didnt know it was worth anything at the time so I kept it somewhere needless to say it was never found again I firmly believe though if a coin is meant for you it will find a way into your collection
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2010  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1916-d. you ARE aware of the rarity of that coin... right?
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2010  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The return of Coincrazed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My man, I am in the San Bernardino County area. I do well on ALL dimes. I very seldom skunk. Good luck! - coincrazed
Valued Member
India
229 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2010  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SD I was not aware at the time. you see I typically only collect unc or better coins and this one was xf at best but still the design was different and I hadnt started my classic us coin collection so I decided to keep it in an ordinary envelope. of coure I dint think it was valuable at the time there is also a Barber quarter story where the loss was less severe and that involved a trade

then many months later when I had become a high roller I read somewhere how someone got a roll of these in inheritance and I was saying right. thats when 2+2 clicked and I turned my house upside down at least three times. found a lot of valuable stuff but not that coin. lesson learnt.
Page: of 417 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05