Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dime Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 412
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2010  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box 2 had a 64D and a 2009P. Not as good, but I'll take it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2010  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do you guys dump the dimes usually?
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2010  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dump at TCF - they each have a coin counter in the lobby and there is a large number of branches near me. So far they've been pretty accurate. I'm thinking of ordering boxes from my bank that uses Brinks so I don't even have to unroll the coins, but that seems like cheating to me :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2010  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dump all my coins into coin deposit bags that I get from my bank. you just write the total amount on the bag. usually easy to do, just take what you started with, minus what you keep. unless you replace the ones you keep like I usually do. hand the bag to the teller with a deposit slip and you're good to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Folks,

Take a look at Mercuryman01's post in the intro section. That's my son and by sheer dumb luck he hit back to back boxes of dimes which had 8 mercury's and around 15 pre 64 Roosevelt's. From that day on he has been calling himself mercuryman. I would have been happy with one mercury. I'll have him list the dates later this week.

Peace
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just picked up a box after debating whether or not I wanted to make a bank run with my daughter (20 months old). I asked if she wanted to go the bank with daddy and she asks, "coin?" Makes me laugh and my wife just shakes her head. So, we go. box of 47 brink wrapped and three customer wrapped. Pulled 3 silvers out of it: 51, 64, 64D. Daughter seems to be my lucky charm. That makes 7 silvers out of 4 boxes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
took your advice, took a break from halves and got $200 in customer wrapped. ZILCH..

the chase I get them at is a merchant bank, so they get coins from local businesses. I figured that was smart on my part b/c I would think most businesses dont check?

maybe I should stick with boxes?
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coretj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
does any one here keep track of all of the coins they search?
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean by keep track? Like put a sharpie mark on all the coins that go into my dump bag? Because not to stereotype, but they all look alike... ;-)
I keep track of what I've pulled from boxes. Since I've only gone through 4 boxes so far, iy's been pretty easy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yea same here.. I've done about 3 boxes and pulled about 4..

1918-s merc
rosies: 64-d, 47-d, 63-d
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coretj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean put the data (year, mm, and qty) into an XLS for each coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2010  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I track my silver finds in a spreadsheet like that - I record, but have not organized, my pre-1960 nickel finds as well. As far as dimes go, exactly half have been 64Ds.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3748 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2010  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My #'s for Jan-Feb-March are: 65 Roosevelts, 6 mercs, 14 Canadian, including 1900 Victoria. $12,000 searched, mainly boxes, about $4,000 hand-rolled. The mercs come in hand-rolled and boxes, 1 per $2,000.
$500 bag of hand-rolled yesterday produced 4 Rosies and 1 merc.
I return dumps in $500 bags, teller hands me cash and I'm out the door. I limit the use of a counter to odd amounts, to keep my shorts short! Dimes get counted as cents all the time. I'm usually done searching dimes, by Apr 1st.

ffd
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3748 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2010  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did I mention that it's cheaper to buy your silver dimes outright? Heh-heh unless you are riding a bike or live next door to the bank.
Sure is a blast dime hunting, I love ordering multiple boxes at a time (12 for instance). My wife thinks I'm nuts! Maybe I am.

ffd

+
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2010  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my first 5 rolls had an XF-AU 1943 merc
Page: of 412 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05