Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dime Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 415
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4710 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2010  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, I had a single roll and found a 1981S in very good , shiny with no marks on it at all. Don't have photo capability.
Secret Santa look here to see what I have.

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2010  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished a box and pulled my first barber as well a very dark 1911 p, along with a 1960p that I needed for my folder, and a spanish 5 peseta.

-XoG
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2010  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I've seen them in person, I really like the barbers. I may have to start considering working on building this set as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Jedi, The best my son and I had was 2 silvers in one roll (Canadian 1940 and a Merc). BTW, How do you folks get the plastic wrapped? Is it a west coast thing? I am out here on the EC and those clear view wrappers would make life a whole lot easier for him and me.

Peace
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brinks does the plastic wrap. For me at least they're easy to search, but hard to dump - I can't find a bank that will take the wrapped coins so I end up having to break them anyway.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3976 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One box, 1-64P Roosevelt.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My first Barber dime ever and it came from a bank roll!
Very nice!

My first and only Barber dime (1911) came from a roll. I have to say, yours is in much better shape than mine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rollhunter, get a plastic coin deposit bag from your dump bank. when you need to break the rolls, you can just dump them into the bag without counting or even looking at them. just as long as you know how much you've put into the bag, your bank should take the deposit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3810 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still lookin for my Seated dime. Anyone found one yet?
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
picked up a box today. SKUNKED. guess it's payback for the killer roll I pulled a few days ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 63D in the reject slot of the coin counter when I brought my skunk box back. That's the second time that's happened - does it still count as a skunk?
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2010  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's de-skunked by association.
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2010  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also pulled a 46 and a 64D from a box today too. The 46 is in really nice shape considering its age and that it's silver. I found a nice 65 and 68 clad which is nice since most of them look like heck.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin sleuth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spotted a band of white in the teller's dime tray when I went to buy a few rolls of halves. She had about $3 worth of dimes in her tray, with the white edge in the middle of the stack. So I bought about $2 worth to ensure I got that one. It was a 1964 philly, AU.
I also had a good find in one of the half rolls. See my posting under half dollar finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2010  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skunked on my dime box from NF String yesterday.
Page: of 415 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05