Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2010  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Forgive me if there are other threads on the same subject, but I haven't seen one in a while...

If anyone has found any older bills that they would like to share, please do so! I suppose the requirements for "older" is pre-1996...

Today, I found a Series 1988-A $1, from the San Fran FRN, and the week before that I picked up a Series 1985 dollar, block K-G. It could grade VF-EF if it wasn't for being ripped in half and taped together! It grades "Fair"....

Looking forward to the finds!
Edited by coinsearcher83
08/05/2010 2:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2010  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this one last week.

Pillar of the Community
United States
790 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2010  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jays-Dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My oldest was a 1950 star note $10 in VG. Not great, but I got it in change at a bar while in college and managed to keep it so that's definitely something.
Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2010  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karrlot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always ask for $2's at the bank and it is very common to get 1976.

In the last batch of $2's that I picked up I had a 1953 United States Note (red seal)!

Last week I found a 1963b $1.
Edited by karrlot
08/06/2010 04:42 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2010  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome finds! There seem to be a lot of the old Barr notes being found lately... Probably people having to spend their long-held hoards... I've never been lucky enough to find one myself, though...

Anyway, here's a pic of the 1985 note I found last week, more or less just to prove to myself that I actually know how to post pics...

My picture taking skills probably need (a lot) more improvement...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2273 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2010  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
are 1999 or 1988 $1 worth keeping in any condition?

also I have never search bills from my bank. any technique you guys use? any different from coin hunting? I figure ill just walk in and ask for $50 in $1. I just hope they dont get mad. one would assume that they have taped stacks?
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2010  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2010  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this one today. I was so excited I had to rush home to show you. It's my first and only one and it's in great shape too!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4489 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2010  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
web note?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2010  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2273 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found this searching $1's. is it worth anything?

its in pretty good shape, XF+AU probably

Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything that would demand a premium. Value = $1.00
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found this in my change today
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Change of century?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3937 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do you get that in your change?
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2010  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Americanamafia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adam I think that is a troll... I can almost assure you that anyone who knows what fractional currency is.... knows it is worth much more than face...
Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05