Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jstottmann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1976 $2 bill yesterday at the bank. It appears to have been hand signed by Treasurer Francine Neff. I searched online and it appears she did sign some bills at one time. Anyone seen any of these before? Not sure why my scan was so dark.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup.. Seen them before..

Great bank score!

Just as long as it's genuine and not somebody being evil and forging.. I'm prety sure its genuine, though..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool 1981 notes spring423, btw
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...sp#rulesid12

Then look for the following sub-link under "General Rules"

Buy / Sell / Trade Rules (07/29/2010)

edited to add:

That is one heck of a nice circulation find....
Edited by zeewool
06/11/2011 2:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Zee,
I'll try an delete my post about trading, some how I thought it only applied to buying and selling.
The Bill Collector
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jstottmann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. When I saw the bill my first thought was who wrote on this nice old bill. Then I looked closer and realized the signature looked real. Definitely something I'm gonna hang on too!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, definitely!

Also, writing on old dollar bills is one of the reasons I stopped WheresGeorge-ing.. I sold a bill to a Georger once, and in payment, I got a nice VF 1969-D dollar.. Complete with a Where's George stamp :( .. It made me kinda sad, so I stopped Georging.. (Some members are looking for 1966A USN $100 bills to stamp :O )
Edited by coinsearcher83
06/11/2011 10:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this one today complete with the message at the bottom, "Michelle's first valentine day - grandpa & grandma."

Awwww isn't that special

Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jlg1130 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found this one today complete with the message at the bottom, "Michelle's first valentine day - grandpa & grandma."

Awwww isn't that special

That's pretty neat. Kinda gives you a little bit of history associated with the note.

On to one of my finds:
A series 1985 $1, Cleveland, D-B block. It probably grades VF, or so. It's been the weekend of the '80's notes for me. On Friday I found the '88A I mentioned earlier, and then yesterday the '85.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look up "short snorter", especially if you're a military buff.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's far from a short snorter biggfredd. Michelle obviously didn't think too highly of it since she apparently spent it. If it were a snorter, Grandma could ask to see it and get a free drink since she couldn't produce it anymore.
Pillar of the Community
558 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001 $50 dollar bill serial number 00223307
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add burtonrider726 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this $20 brought in by someone (1950 bill)

Not exactly the best of shape, but I'll take it to add to the collection!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, nice find there, burtonrider726!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One thing I would say here and this is NOT to offend anyone.

IF you are holding extras of large denomination older notes consider cashing it in and buying the same note in chcu condition for a slight premium.

As an example - do not hold 2 $50's (this applies to $1's as well as other denominations) from the same year series etc. Use the money from one the notes to get something else.

Now if you are collecting by Series year, block, run combo's more power to you and best wishes on your project.

FWIW -- I cashed out a lot of my circulated, duplicate $1's, $5's etc and picked up somewhat rarer notes with the proceeds.

You will be surprised at the amount of face value that you are holding until you go in and start counting and sorting.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05