Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, yeah, I completely agree.. I really need to move on to collectible notes.. I'm not joking when I say the most collectible note in my collection is a Gem CU series 2003 dollar..lol..

Although I do have a really good general idea of how much money I'm hoarding.. Probably not a good sign :P lol!
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2011  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add burtonrider726 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was a slow day at work so I searched through 300 of my ones in the drawer. Ended up finding two trinaries and one star note. All one dollars :) will post pictures later when I take them home or buy them out of my cashbox!

Edited by burtonrider726
06/22/2011 02:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool finds with those star notes! :)

Too bad they're not short run notes, though..
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this 50 worth anything to anyone?

I'm willing to sell it someone if them want it asap- just paypal the 50 and send me a silver coin and its yours. same goes for all the bills I already posted here.

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add burtonrider726 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's a short run note? 7 digit serial?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A short-run note is a bill that comes from a RUN of 640,000 notes or less..
The above two notes were printed in groups of 3.2 million notes..
I guess a RUN could be defined as a group of serial numbers.. I don't know how else to describe it..
The web site http://www.uspapermoney.info has more information on run sizes, if you click where it says "Serial Number Tables" in the first paragraph..
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add burtonrider726 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah makes sense. Ill keep an eye out for more. Hopefully I land a short note. I want to creat a few pages in an album devoted to stat notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Star notes can be addicting!

I'm kinda-sorta trying to get a collection of them by run.. I only have 4 so far.. This could take a while..lol

@ fur_coin_talk: that $50 is still fairly common, as it is a large-portrait note. These aren't taken out of circulation like the small-portrait notes are.. It's a spender, then..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't believe that I found this in a stack of 10's!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh.. Awesome find!

Not much value, though.. Maybe $20, $30 bucks or so..

70 years ago, these things were illegal to own ... Lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not illegal to own now though! Just amazing that I found a 1928 gold certificate in a bank stack of tens!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2011  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a Series 1993 $1 today after going through fifty $1's. L32167786H, VG condition.

I already have this FRB, so i'll either try selling it or spending it..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2011  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone gave me this one to buy something yesterday. This is actually the first $5 silver certificate I have gotten in circulation.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2011  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh, cool note!

I've never received anything other than FRN's in change.. Though my bank says they have a lot of $2 bills in their vault.. Hopefully that includes some Red Seals!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2011  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, a search through 25 notes of the above-mentioned $2 bill "bank hoard" yielded 25 1976 notes.. Grades ranged from VG and dirty to CU and consecutively numbered

I guess i'll start a block collection of these..
Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05