Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Bills Found In Circulation! Post Yours!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,199 / Views: 260,394Next Topic
Page: of 80
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another circulation find I saved a few years ago :-)

Quote:
Here are some of the $5 bills.
Nice examples!
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2022  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trikdoutcobalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got these from a customer at my work today. They're not in the best shape so probably just give them back out to customers as I'm in Canada. Don't imagine any are worth more than face?

Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@trikdoutcobalt

Quote:
I got these from a customer at my work today. They're not in the best shape so probably just give them back out to customers as I'm in Canada. Don't imagine any are worth more than face?

What part of Canada are you in? I'd love to add those bills to my collection. If you're in the Boston, Mass area anytime soon I'll swap them out for some crisp large-portrait notes.

Your notes have no value above face value (circulated, no fancy serial numbers, etc) but I collect them out of nostalgia. Otherwise, a bank will just send them off to get shredded :(
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the same camp as jeffbuckes. I collect these too, sort of like I do for my type set for coins, but just of currency.

As jeff said, if there's anyone out there who has some of these or has extras I'd love to add some to my collection as well.
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trikdoutcobalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw these replies, sorry! I'm in Calgary unfortunately. Quite a ways away. I do still have them though but not really any way to trade them
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent 1969-A $10 circulation find.. pretty decent shape for being out there in the wild for so long :-)

Pillar of the Community
United States
3694 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like that 1969A $10 Skippy. Rest assured this note was dormant for an extended period of time. Hamilton is squinting because he hasn't seen the light of day for so long.
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Recent 1969-A $10 circulation find.. pretty decent shape for being out there in the wild for so long :-)
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks... kind of curious what makes the 1969-A $10 so attractive.. I just saved it because it was an oldie, didn't really think much of it... is this series difficult to come by?
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't find these in the wild but the teller from my bank saved these for me.

Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't find these in the wild but the teller from my bank saved these for me.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3694 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this series difficult to come by?

I consider any 50-year old note, in the condition of your circulation find, a good find. You can buy one today on eBay or from a dealers website, but finding a small-portrait note in $5 denomination and up is becoming more and more of a rarity.
Edited by SteveInTampa
06/08/2022 3:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool.. I found a 1950 $100 last week but didn't keep it..
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was looking through one of my binders and had forgotten about these.. A few years ago I was cleaning out a drawer and found a birthday card that was given to one of my kids and inside it was 5 brand new sequential one dollar bills (only two shown).. nothing out of the ordinary until I noticed that they were all dated 1969-B.... the weird part was it must have been given to my son in the early 2000s

Page: of 80 Previous TopicReplies: 1,199 / Views: 260,394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: