Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, penny man! .. Not worth much over face, but still cool to find those old bills floating around..

I wish my bank would save old bills for me.. I got $80 in fives once because I said I was looking for old bills.. The teller said "yup" and counted away $80 in mostly colorized bills :P lol
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2011  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is a 1988 one dollar bill rare at all?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2011  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not *usually*

What is the serial number of it? There are some runs of 1988A notes that are rare, (called Web Notes... I can explain a bit more later, or Google it), and the easiest way to tell for now is by checking the serial number...

This is a plain 1988 or a 1988A?
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is a 1988A
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1934A $20 and two 1963 $5 USN's today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SilverRoosevelt: Great old finds! .. Especially with the Red Seals

@illinifreak: What is the serial number of this note, so we can determine if it is a web note?
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
serial # is B51482210D
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@illinifreak:
According to http://www.uspapermoney.info , that is just a normal Series 1988A dollar, not a web note.. So, unless it's in awesome condition, or you want to keep it, go ahead and spend it
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
alright thanks for all your help
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem!
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KoinKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not real old but boy do I love the design of the older bills.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you that, KoinKid..

I like the serial number, too.. Lots of zeroes.. If only that 4 was also a zero
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KoinKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A guy paid with it at work today. if that 4 would have been a 0 I would have snapped it up out of the drawer but I just took a pic so I could post it when I got off work.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A customer at work (outback steakhouse) paid for their meal with these. My coworker thought they were fake and brought them to the manager. I had to convince them they were real but the girl insisted they weren't and just gave them to me since I had interest in them. haha. but yeah I posted a thread about this but thought it would be nice to post in this thread as well.

Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  03:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IC Double to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres my three keepers I found. I've found a 1963 10 dollar bill today from the bank but might have to spend it because low on cash.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05