Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, penny man! .. Not worth much over face, but still cool to find those old bills floating around..

I wish my bank would save old bills for me.. I got $80 in fives once because I said I was looking for old bills.. The teller said "yup" and counted away $80 in mostly colorized bills :P lol
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2011  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is a 1988 one dollar bill rare at all?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2011  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not *usually*

What is the serial number of it? There are some runs of 1988A notes that are rare, (called Web Notes... I can explain a bit more later, or Google it), and the easiest way to tell for now is by checking the serial number...

This is a plain 1988 or a 1988A?
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is a 1988A
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1934A $20 and two 1963 $5 USN's today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2011  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SilverRoosevelt: Great old finds! .. Especially with the Red Seals

@illinifreak: What is the serial number of this note, so we can determine if it is a web note?
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
serial # is B51482210D
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@illinifreak:
According to http://www.uspapermoney.info , that is just a normal Series 1988A dollar, not a web note.. So, unless it's in awesome condition, or you want to keep it, go ahead and spend it
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add illinifreak1124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
alright thanks for all your help
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem!
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KoinKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not real old but boy do I love the design of the older bills.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you that, KoinKid..

I like the serial number, too.. Lots of zeroes.. If only that 4 was also a zero
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KoinKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A guy paid with it at work today. if that 4 would have been a 0 I would have snapped it up out of the drawer but I just took a pic so I could post it when I got off work.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A customer at work (outback steakhouse) paid for their meal with these. My coworker thought they were fake and brought them to the manager. I had to convince them they were real but the girl insisted they weren't and just gave them to me since I had interest in them. haha. but yeah I posted a thread about this but thought it would be nice to post in this thread as well.

Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  03:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IC Double to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres my three keepers I found. I've found a 1963 10 dollar bill today from the bank but might have to spend it because low on cash.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05