Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 Panama-Pacific $50 Octagonal Advice

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful and Amazing. Look original to me and what a lovely sight indeed.

All the good advise given above still applies ...... protect it and seek top-notch expert advise on current market value.

Any news on valuation?

Thanks for the photos

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I had a senior rep from Heritage take a look today. They are are legit and will be for sale.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very gorgeous.

Ill trade you a can of tuna, 5 baseball cards, and a blank CD. My final offer, take it or leave it.

LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
671 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Americanamafia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
let us know when the auction is!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will post a new thread when I know an auction date.

Thanks again to everyone! I really do appreciate your advice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8673 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the photos! It's a beautiful set.

How is the set going to be authenticated before selling? I've never seen anything like this set for sale and wondered about copies?
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2523 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the pictures hes posted that include the original mint packagings, the chance that they are copies is extremely low. The Heritage Auction should be extremely exciting to watch, these things rarely ever are on the market in the original sets!

-XoG
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2010  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pfriddle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome set! Thanks for the pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing what these sell for. Maybe I'll try bidding if I win the lottery.
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2010  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AGCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing set. That has to be very exciting to have in your possession. Good luck with the auction. I know I cant afford to bid on it.
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2010  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now I wish someone in my family picked up those, I wish you the best of luck finding a buyer for these rare coins
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2010  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mmerc20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my god...I cannot believe my eyes. That is one of the most amazing things I have EVER seen. I cannot wait to watch the auction and see how it does. You sir are a very lucky person. I would pay just to see that in person!

Mike
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2010  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The set will be auctioned at the 2011 Heritage FUN this coming January. Looks like I will be there too!

Thanks again and regards to all------------
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2010  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great news ..... Heritage is a major player in the rare coin market and no doubt your set will attract much interest and serious bids.

Hopefully some of the advise given above has been a help to you.

Soooooo ..... I place my marker on the hammer price of this lovely 4-coin set ...... I say $105,000.

Any other guesses?

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8673 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2010  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The set will be auctioned at the 2011 Heritage FUN this coming January. Looks like I will be there too!

I assume Heritage is having your pieces graded? I can't imagine they are not, but just in case I want to ask. This set could go for $70,000 raw or $270,000 if all pieces are MS65.
ANA #R3154474
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they will be graded.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05