Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 Panama-Pacific $50 Octagonal Advice

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimineez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I just ran across this topic for the first time and read it from page one....
What a story! Congrats Hunter, and you all of you guys that helped him are awesome!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8679 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it's over folks! Prices realized (including Buyers Premium) were:

S50C PCGS MS63: $546.25
G$1 PCGS MS64+: $977.50
G$2.50 PCGS MS65: $5,606.25
G$50 PCGS MS63: $86,250.00
Box: $519.80

Congrats to hunter4life! I did win the G$1!

She's heading my way!

ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
Guatemala
357 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JMerrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bherring... You got a good coin, for a decent price, and one heck of a background story to boot!

Many congratulations to you, and hunter4life!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2526 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on that dollar bherring, and to hunter4life for the opportunity to see such wonderful coins auctioned!

Looks like the only thing that went under greysheet was the half, which is understandable given its lack of eye appeal. The Box went for almost as much as the half!
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2011  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimineez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome,
A $500 box!!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2011  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you all once again for all your assistance with this set. You are a very special group and the love/devotion to your hobby/profession is very evident.

Congrats to bherring on winning the $1! My sisters and I were rooting for you (from the sidelines of course!). I was unable to attend the show, but did see it online, which was very cool. I was glad I was able to hold them and transfer them in a timely manner. I know my uncle (and his uncle) would be very proud of what we did on my aunt's behalf.

We have other coins that we will be selling in the future, but will be working on settling my aunt's estate matters first now that we have a cushion to work with. When I get a chance, I promise to take some good pics and post of few for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks again-------------

Hunter4Life

Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves,
or we know where we can find information upon it.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2011  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on your new Gold $1, bherring64
Too bad you didn't get all four coins and the box!

(the design of your 1915-S Gold $1 is a personal favorite of mine!)

All in all, a satisfying end to this wonderful story.
hunter4life made out very well in this auction.
Edited by DNA
02/05/2011 6:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8679 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  02:25 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I ever have the coin re-slabbed, it will be pedigreed to the hunter4life collection! Now your uncle must have been some type of collector and we would appreciate seeing some of his other items! Glad your aunt will be able to enjoy the fruits of his collection and you can be sure these pieces will be well cared for and preserved for future generations.
ANA #R3154474
Philippines
32 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add albertg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Amazing set.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictorCarmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a treasure your late uncle left to you the silver looks a little toned but the gold is amazing I would put this away for years to come
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2011  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madlou22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry if I am posting in a dead thread, but I was curious if you were going to post anymore of your uncle's coins. That was one heck of a set you had! We would love to see any other cool stuff you got :P
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2011  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Typesetmaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YES! please post them and the grades? Thank you....great thread!
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2011  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Typesetmaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OPps! See the results but would love slabed pics!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3091 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2011  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I wish my family had something rare like that!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2011  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter4life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I have been very busy trying to handle my Aunt's estate. I promise I will post a few more pics of the coin collection.

I have been dealing with all the artwork and other valuables in the house and it looks like Christie's will be handling that.

Regards------------
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05