Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 Panama-Pacific $50 Octagonal Advice

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugmanmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LUCKY!!
i want a 50 pan pan so bad!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2011  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't check this portion of the forum..... what a wonderful story and great outcome.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDan98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GREAT STORY that was a fun read.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was a great story ... and all of us enjoyed it at the time 2 years ago

Some of us ... myself included ... consider it to be poor forum manners to resurrect an old thread for purposes of adding a trivial comment.

Please consider that next time you desire to let us know that you read something from a long time ago.

David

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2013  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want the VG08 and VG10 Pan Pac 50's. :)
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jlgaudlitz95 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I was directed here from another more recent thread. I had never heard of these coins until now, so I learned something new today(and found something else to add on to my what-to-buy-when-I'm-a-millionaire list). On a side note, I noticed that nobody else had posted this, so I'll go ahead and do it: I did some calculating, and the total price of everything sold was $93,899.80. Not bad for a $100 investment! I bet that hunter4life was very happy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1350 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2013  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, you may want to look up: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/thread_necromancy
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is indirectly my fault...

Someone has a convincing 1944 steelie awaiting grading in another forum, so I asked:
"has anyone else ever brought an ultra-rarity to CCF and been successful in authenticating/selling it?"

A nice person linked this thread.

However, it looks like our forum's greatest success story, so I'd leave it up here for a bit more so that more people can read it.
Learn More...
United States
60233 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True, there have been worse threads resurrected from death.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering his daily post count average, I don't think he had any illicit intentions. It is a very good story, for sure.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2013  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john1942sept to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, treat them right.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8895 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2013  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Moe145's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic story!! Thanks for sharing!!
Links to ALL previous "Days of..." Threads:
http://goccf.com/t/108352#108352
Learn More...
United States
16270 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2013  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd keep them with the original box for sure.
Amazing!
johnny54321 - Missed and eternally loved by your CCF family.
CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396, C4

Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2013  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wiggam007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, most people would say it is bad manners to bring up an old thread, but this is quite the story! Glad that it got bumped and that I got a chance to read it.
Learn More...
United States
16270 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2013  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything else and us mods would probably have killed it

This is pretty cool
johnny54321 - Missed and eternally loved by your CCF family.
CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396, C4

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05