Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 120
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
carloscoria, 2009s are lower mintage compared to other years, Wisconsin quarter for the high or low leaf on the corn, flip them bottom to top to look for die rotation, or misaligned dies, I dunno, there's a long list of things to look for really that would make you more than face value selling them on the bay.
I limit myself to the most extreme cases and don't bother with minor things or it would take a day to get through a box if I examined each one in detail looking for the smallest of die chips or small die cracks or something like that.
I'm sure someone could offer a web page for things to look for errors/varieties.
I just do the coin flip from bottom to top and give it a once over and if doesn't catch my eye for anything, into the return pile.
Pillar of the Community
United States
729 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished looking through my 'newest' box of quarters and found ZERO 2019 coins; no P's, D's, or W's. No pre-1965 silver. No San Francisco quarters.

I was able to find a nice bunch of 2018 AU's to add to my addition sets, and also found a handful of early ATB's in great condition.
Edited by atticguy
06/24/2019 4:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad about the lack of 2019 coins, but still some nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They all can't be home runs. Still nice to find something for the albums and there's always next time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This week was another whole box of 2019 Lowell Ps, no chance for silver or Ws. The striking out continues, hopefully there's some sort of error in there I guess... lol that's the breaks kid!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So as previously stated, whole box of 2019 P lowells. Went though about 10 rills in detail then turned and burned the rest out of boredom. Nothing of interest. Nothing appearing to be over a MS65 either.

On the other hand I picked up 10 more rolls of circualated quarters on the way home from work and pulled a lightly circulated Lowell W from one of the rolls. This is my 2nd Lowell W find so far, and my 2nd W mint mark quarter from circulated rolls, one of each of the first two 2019 designs. Other than that just two more circulated 2009 DC quarters from those rolls.

So the week started rough but it's getting better!
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 boxes of circulated quarters this week. Just about nothing special. I did find a 2013 S white Mountain NIFC though.

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2019  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did find a 2013 S white Mountain NIFC though.
I would call that something special.
Pillar of the Community
620 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Big-Kingdom are you sure that that 2013 is a nifc coin.

They did mint circulating coins then.

I believe they started in 2012.

It does not look like a proof to me.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ckrakowski It's circulation quality only. These are produced in limited numbers and thus are NIFC. San Francisco began doing this back in 2012 for ATB Quarters where they would strike non-proof, circulation grade quarters for collectors. (Think of them like the newest Kennedys and NA dollars)
Edited by BrandaBob
07/13/2019 10:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. The mint sold the circulation. Quality strike S mint mark coins for direct sales to collectors, so qualifies as "NIFC"
For sure it's not a proof so it's the only thing it could be.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just posted a question about the finishes on quarters while searching new rolls here. Could you all check it out and give me your opinion please?

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...com/t/351348
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been a big long dead spot of nothing to report. Old circulated boxes full of beaters for like the last 4 weeks. Blahhhhh. Just gets worse and worse but I won't give up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a sticky on what varieties to look for in quarter CRH...or for each denomination? Maybe it could be started and people could add to it. It could be posted at the beginning of the CRH topic.

KK
Page: of 120 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05