Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 122
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully picking up another box after work today if they ordered them and got them in, and hopefully it will finally be War in the Pacific's because man, getting these filthy circulated 20 year old coins and no silver, nothing cool, is just getting tiring and the next W quarter comes out on Aug 26th.... I've found 2 War in the Pacific P's since they were released in all my searching, I'm starting to believe they never hit my state at all on this design and the ones I did find came here from tourists, but maybe demand is down and the armored carriers are just rerolling circulated turn ins. I dunno here.

Wish I'd get a silver at least to make it seem like I accomplished something besides dirty fingers. lol

Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hopefully picking up another box after work today if they ordered them and got them in, and hopefully it will finally be War in the Pacific's...
Good luck!

Quote:
Wish I'd get a silver at least to make it seem like I accomplished something besides dirty fingers. lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeahhhhh. Nooooooo. Well at least my fingers won't be getting filthy....

....last design of 2018.. BU box in Aug. 2019
Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeahhhhh. Nooooooo. Well at least my fingers won't be getting filthy... last design of 2018.. BU box in Aug. 2019.
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, on the bright side, it's a good sign that the BU 2019 boxes with Ws might turn up well into nearing the end of next year for me though, so it's not all bad I guess. gonna be a lot of roll hunting until 2021...
Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, on the bright side, it's a good sign that the BU 2019 boxes with Ws might turn up well into nearing the end of next year for me
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This week another whole box of BU Lowell P and of course no Ws since it predates the Ws release.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a lot of luck in finding a branch with the right timing. I found my first W quarter in June in pocket change when I was in Vegas on vacation. I saw the W and thought it was odd and at first thought it was a proof or mint product coin that someone had put in circulation. Did a quick internet search and found out about the W mint mark quarters. Found three W War in the Pacific coins in a few rolls I got at my bank, but must have been the tail end of that box because I never got another roll of Guam coins. The W mint coins were mixed in with the regular P mint Guam coins in the rolls.

I checked a couple of weeks later and got a few new rolls from the same bank, and the rolls were all the same design, the American Memorial Park coin. But ALL of the W coins I found in those rolls were Lowell W's, not AMP's. So the Guam coins had the W's mixed in with the same P design, but the W Lowells were mixed in with the AMP P quarters. I guess I kind of landed in a honey hole. Over the last few days I bought a bunch of new rolls from that box and ended up with 27 Lowell W's. Not a single AMP W in the rolls, I guess they were not ready to be mixed in with the other AMP's when they were minted? Keep digging, you'll find some!!
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just went back to the bank and all the rolls I got are the same 2018 design that Big-Kingdom got in his box. Guess that honey hole is all closed up until they get rid of this box of BU 2018's.
Edit: I ended up with the Block Island design, not the same one, but the same result.
Edited by PghPI
08/21/2019 11:25 am
Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Turned and Burned the Lowell Ps, turned them in and went back for another box.
Guess what? An entire nother box of Lowell P BU! Yay me!!

Turning them in today, maybe then I'll pick up a couple hundred in customer wrapped rolls to look through to actually roll hunt for once this month.
These BU boxes one after another that pre-date the Ws are just killing me! I'm at like 8 boxes in a row now or something, I try to look through them but after just a couple rolls I lose interest and end up ripping off wrappers to be able to dump them. I know if I stay at it I will eventually hit that cycle with W BU boxes that I'm hitting now with 2018s and Lowells, I feel like it's just around the corner, a couple dozen boxes away :)
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom, all of the W Lowell's I have found were all mixed into BU Loomis rolls of the AMP design. All of the War in the Pacific W's I've found were mixed in with BU rolls of the same WIP design. Interested to see when or if I will find the AMP W's........
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 15 rolls today and got a mix of BU AMP and BU WIP rolls that gave up three Lowell W's, and one WIP W.
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HI PghPl

Yeah back in April I hit two boxes of AMP P mint marks and pulled almost 50 W AMPS from those two boxes but it's been dry since.
The Lowell P+D coins were released from the mint before the Lowell Ws were ready so solid rolls of Lowell won't produce a W.

The Lowell Ws were all released on that April 1st shipment of American Memorial Parks quarters. The 2nd mint shipment of AMP had the AMP Ws. Then it went to a normal distribution for Guam and now the Texas one.

My understanding is that the AMP rolls are double the amount of Ws per box compared to Guam or Texas boxes due to them trying to catch up quickly. Of course we all want to get them all, but the AMP boxes are going to be the most productive since they got 4 million Ws in them between Lowell and AMPs.instead of 10 weeks per design to distribute each 2million Ws, they had 5 weeks for Lowell and 5 weeks for AMP Ws and did both in the AMP rolls.

I'm just gonna stay at it and keep doing what I'm doing the BU boxes will turn up eventually. I don't think the armored carriers care what they drop off on their deliveries to the bank's but eventually they will get to them.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/24/2019 4:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How often are you all finding silver in quarter boxes? I've gone through a bunch of quarters both boxes in loose rolls and never found any silver in quarters.
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05