Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123
Pillar of the Community
United States
848 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In case anyone was wondering, I burned out on this hunt and just stopped coin roll hunting completely since October. It was dead box after dead box. and just wasn't fun anymore and became like work. I will probably pick back up after New Years if the funk has worn off by then.

Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed roll hunting is best in like February/ March after the coins people spend/cash in for the holidays end up back at banks. And there's no point participating in something you're not enjoying that brings no benefit. Better luck whenever you pick it back up.
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last Afternoons, I went to a chase bank I brought for a $100 Quarters MWR but I founds a 2018S Pictured Rocks.

HAPPY HUNTING!
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to my bank on Friday and my favorite teller had saved three new rolls of quarters for me. I always tell her to. One of the rolls was solid Frank river quarters with four west point quarters...my first west point quarter finds!
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2019  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went back to that same bank this morning and searched six more rolls and found one more W quarter.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BigKingdom, I hit a dead spot too. I searched and searched and could not find any San Antonio Mission W's or even rolls. I just went back to searching since my brother hit a few San Antonio rolls and W's. He got a little bit hot and found about 15 rolls of the latest Idaho River of No Return coins from two or three different places, including the gas station he uses, a bank branch and his cafeteria at work..... and I still hadn't found any. But then, I did.....and they haven't stopped coming yet. I found a branch of my bank that I had no luck at before, but just checked back and found 19 rollss there, yielding 18 W's. I went back the next day and the same teller had reloaded her quarters, and I got 20 more rolls. But only one additional W out of all of them.

So today, I am at work, and I have had zero luck in MONTHS with the branch near my work. There is nothing going on at work today, so I just stopped in to check and wish the guys a Happy New Year. I asked the head teller if he had any new quarters, and he said that he had not had any new or shiny wrapped rolls....so I told him I would just take ten rolls of whatever quarters he had and ten rolls of half dollars. He pulled out the quarters, and they were ALL Idaho rolls. He said they had to have come out of a mixed box, he had not seen them. So I took them, and he went in back to open a new box of quarters to restock his rack, and the WHOLE box was Idaho new wrapped rolls. Thank god it was just payday, yep,. I took the whole box.....he opened a new box after that, but the new box was all circulated older coins. So I'm sitting here with $600 in rolls of shiny new Idaho quarters.
Edited by PghPI
12/31/2019 3:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been concentrating on quarter roll searching since late last summer--looking for W mints. I found the following today in one customer-wrapped roll. First time in years that I've found silver, and my very first standing liberty. The roll had nothing newer than early 90s quarters. Perhaps someone was clearing out a jar of coins...

Edited by ijn1944
01/06/2020 9:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
848 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow really great finds guys! Congrats on all those idaho quarters hopefully you find more than 1 W in them more than a dozen would be fantastic!

I went old school and picked up $50 in rolls from 6 banks last week, just fishing around. It was all customer wrapped. I did get 1 American Memorial Park W, 1 harpers ferry P with the rim cud which makes 3 found since hunting quarters for Ws, and a nice I guess it falls in the exonumia category, it's and angel on both side's with clouds and rays,medal flip, maybe brass or bronze, maybe just some brown/yellow composition of metals. Must be a religion type token, guardian angel maybe and was someone's pocket piece.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
01/11/2020 8:19 pm
Learn More...
United States
80812 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I went old school and picked up $50 in rolls from 6 banks last week, just fishing around. It was all customer wrapped. I did get 1 American Memorial Park W, 1 harpers ferry P with the rim cud which makes 3 found since hunting quarters for Ws...
Very nice!
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05