Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,909 / Views: 231,944Next Topic
Page: of 128
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5550 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished up the 500$ Loomis box today!

50 rolls yielded a total of 19 Salt River Bay W's!

That's the most W's we've found in any box so far!
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
50 rolls yielded a total of 19 Salt River Bay W's! That's the most W's we've found in any box so far!
Amazing!
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a box of quarters Thursday and finished it this morning. Oldest was a 1947, newest was a 2013. Two silvers the 1947, and very nice 1963, bonus of a Good luck coin, found between the two silvers, the 1963 came first, then the good luck coin followed by the 1947.

Also early into the box was a nickel in the center of a roll, so I have been shorted $.20 + the Good Luck coin. But bless with the 2 silvers. GL HH Webekin
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish me luck.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5550 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did two 500$ Loomis quarter boxes this week.

Box number one was a skunker. Nothing worth keeping.

Box number two yielded two 2020-W Salt River Bay ATB's along with some nice BU 2020-D March/Billings/Rockefeller coins.

Both boxes were about 50/50 new versus old quarters.

Will do two more boxes this upcoming week.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wish me luck.
Good luck!

Quote:
Box number two yielded two 2020-W Salt River Bay ATB's along with some nice BU 2020-D March/Billings/Rockefeller coins.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask for a box of quarters today. None for me, as they had to order quarters for there self. GL HH Webekin
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up five rolls of quarters and 5 rolls of nickels today. I found a Lowell West point quarter in the bunch!
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a Lowell West point quarter in the bunch!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
871 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Visited my bank last Saturday and asked them about buying a case of quarters. The answer is still "NO". They could have 'sold' me a few rolls, but their cupboard is still bare.
Maybe I should try to buy from my 'dump bank'.
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Visited my bank last Saturday and asked them about buying a case of quarters. The answer is still "NO". They could have 'sold' me a few rolls, but their cupboard is still bare. Maybe I should try to buy from my 'dump bank'.

Try a new tactic.

I have a relationship with 7 or 8 banks and credit unions (without having an account).

Most of us know, banks "don't" want these coins back. However, times have changed. Several of these banks have given me boxes late in the afternoon (just prior to closing), with the promise I return them "rolled" first thing the next morning.

Your gotta use your imagination nowadays.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe I should try to buy from my 'dump bank'.
If it has been a while since your last dump they may have cycled though by now.
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Check coincollector123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at a bank and while I cant order coin, if someone wants to search through what we got I would at least want an even trade. So if you want a box of quarters then have them trade a box of quarters for them.
Page: of 128 Previous TopicReplies: 1,909 / Views: 231,944Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05