Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,142 / Views: 251,257Next Topic
Page: of 143
Pillar of the Community
United States
1712 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello John77 I agree, the incentive now is the W Quarters, People really want them and don't have the time or willingness to search for them. I am averaging 1-2 a box, sometimes more. Now the Silver is the bonus when searching for W's. I cracked 6 boxes this week 3 skunks and pulled 5 W's one box had three. I pulled 1-19 Lowell W, 2-20W Salt River Bay, 1-20W National Park, and 1-20W Marsh Billings. As long as I keep finding W's I will keep searching. Hoping to pull several hundred from circulation. There out there start buying boxes. If I can find them in my little town that never got UNC rolls when they were minted I can only imagine what bigger cities are getting. Good Luck everyone!!

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
07/27/2021 11:12 am
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2515 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! They seem to be in better condition than most of the ones we find.
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple days ago, I got a W quarter at Pick N' Save; it was a 2019 Lowell. I gave them a dollar for four quarters, and it was in with the four quarters. I got very lucky.
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1712 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Day Everyone, Had a good week searching Quarters this week, Would have been better if I found silver along with W's. I cracked 4 boxes this week plus $200 in additional bank Rolls and $100 in Customer Wrapped Rolls. Didn't find anything in the loose rolls. All four boxes contained W's One box had a 2020 W Ender plus another one in the box. So out of 4 boxes I pulled 5 W's. 3-19W Mission, 1-20W Salt River Bay and the 2020 on the End of the Roll. I will be placing in on my Etsy Store. PM me if you are interested in the Roll. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Keep Up the Hunt!

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
07/31/2021 10:24 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good things happen--occasionally.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2515 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lot!
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can only $50 in quarter rolls. Can't get boxes because of a coin shortage again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1712 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Mike, its interesting here too, the local banks can't get me the quarters, but Wells Fargo is not affected by the coin shortage or they allow National Banks more money each week. I am happy about that, I would like to be searching 8-12 boxes a week. I have a friend I introduced to coin roll hunting quarters. He has searched about $1500 in quarters and he pulled a 90 degree rotated die on a Wisconsin quarter and found a Vermont Quarter with the Clad missing on the reverse. Talk about beginners luck. Good Luck everyone. Keep up the Hunt.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
2515 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can get all the quarters I need but I don't get more than 1 or 2 boxes at a time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Bank said $50 quarters, $25 dimes, $10 Nicole's, and $12 in penny rolls. Only place I heard coin shortage from.
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
Valued Member
New Zealand
73 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds Arby!

Minniemarine, if your bank will only give you $50 quarters, $25 dimes, $10 Nicole's, and $12 in penny rolls, I'd take them. Searching something is still a chance, where not searching isn't.
I'm limited to 1 of each denomination where I am, 2 rolls maximum and that's rolls below quarter rolls, and I got to finesse to get the extra rolls. $97 is an odd number, maybe they can change the cents to $5 and add another roll of quarters and make it a round $100!
As an aside, the mint is striking and distributing half dollars this year, I think to cover for this shortage some, wouldn't hurt to ask your banks if they have some halves, if that will get you a few rolls more to search. I'm seeing some businesses are supplementing with half dollars in the drawers to save on how many quarters they give out. If quarters are tough, what about halves so it saves on quarters given out?

Another option is any bank, Credit union or store with a coin machine, that isn't a coinstar but their own to attend to, IF you have the cash, it wouldn't hurt to ask the manager if you could buy a bag of the turn ins from the machine, it's not great for BU, but it's a large quantity to search though. I've done it with cents and found some WAMs, I can afford $50 or so for a bag of cents, I can't afford $1500 for a bag of quarters. LOL $500 is my limit in a shot.
Page: of 143 Previous TopicReplies: 2,142 / Views: 251,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05