Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,172 / Views: 254,094Next Topic
Page: of 145
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Searched $140 in quarters and found a 2010 Proof Grand Canyon (my first proof quarter find), a 1983 panama quarter balboa, and a 1942 Washington quarter! Good searching today!
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cracked another 6 boxes last week, and found 7 W's out of 4 boxes. 4-2019W, and 3-2020W, 3-Mission, 1-War in the Pacific, 1-Salt water Bay, 1-Weir Farm and 1-National Park. Also found a few more varieties, My second, what I am calling two Chimneys Die Chip, I tried to find someone else who located one of the varieties, haven't seen any other posts. Could be out there. Massive die break on a Alaska Bear Claw, Two different North Dakota Varieties. Another Arizona, and two more Nevada, one has the die chips between the rear legs and also on one of the horses Hoofs, First time seeing this type variety on the horses hoof. Found a bunch of the Die Chip between the legs and above tail.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No other post on quarter searching? I searched 5 boxes, 4 contained 7 W's, 1-19W Lowell, 3-2020W National Parks, 2-2020W Weir Farms, 1-2020W Tall Grass. Also Pulled 2-Silver Quarters, 1-1951D and 1-1964D. Plus more varieties, similar to the others I have posted before. Also found my first Counterstamped Quarter, RWE on Reverse, and SUCKED ORANGE on Reverse, Have any of you seen this one before? What I do find interesting is the stages of these varieties. From an early stage of the Die Breaks to the late stage of the Die Breaks. So a set can be put together showing the progression of the breaks. I tried to find out how many dies are used to Mint a coin series and could not locate that number as of yet. I noticed in films by the mint there is someone looking at coins to check if the coin is stamped properly, I see them spot checking coins and I'm left wondering why they are allowing these Die Break coins through their inspection? I understand they are minting millions of coins, I checking tens of thousands of coins and locating them. Just a thought.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing finds arby96; I will be getting one box of quarters soon hopefully, if the bank can order them. Also my bank is very good with placing coin orders, so I think that I will hopefully be able to get quarters soon.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1704 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing special for you guys but over here in Canada I don't come across I many State Quarters. Found this one today(first American in about 30 quarter rolls) it is probably one of the best shape State Quarters I have come across and I also did not have this one yet:) I think I have about 60% of all State Quarters minus proofs and have never seen a W lol.

On a side plus not I also got another 68 silver dime in a roll today so the quarter was a nic bonus considering the. Bank only had 2 customer wrap rolls for me yesterday
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Maryland Quarter I found while searching for W's. Check out the WE in God WE TRUST. Something got in the way of the die when the coin was struck or something else. could this be more than PMD? That continuous line running down the E appears to be a single line. There is defiantly some damage there.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
10/08/2021 6:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty certain that this is just a very several scrape from something, definitely PMD
Elliot Mitchell
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another interesting quarter to me. Its a 2019D War in the Pacific. This is most likely a mechanical double, separated points, Which I read means its a double die.. With that being stated. I think its a MD. Both pics are basically the same just with different amounts of light added. Please let me know what you think.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my finds for last week, Searched 6 boxes 1 being a skunk. Pulled 12 W's 1-Lowell, 2-Missions, 3-Wilderness, 1-Tall Grass, 1-Salt River Bay, 3-National Park, 1-Weir Farm.
Also pulled a couple more varieties. These are slightly different from the others. Die chips in different areas. Two different North Dakota, Die chips near or on the Throat of Roosevelt. and his hat, and a Mission with Die Chips and Cracks. Enjoy. Hope everyone has a great week.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Ws must be piling up!
Elliot Mitchell
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Page: of 145 Previous TopicReplies: 2,172 / Views: 254,094Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05