Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,847 / Views: 225,693Next Topic
Page: of 124
Pillar of the Community
United States
2396 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2010  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just avoid brinks.. go for string n sons, (paper wrapped)
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2010  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcmike1985 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was talking to a lady I work with and she said she found a quarter blank planchet out of a roll all the quarters were 1991 what would that be worth
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2010  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slash112 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got a 1964 P
from 4 rolls my boss brought to work to put in the safe today!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2396 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2010  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
keep the thread going!

nice slash!
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2010  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slash112 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really think I want to start hitting up more boxes, but everytime I do I am skunked
all the silver quarters I have gotten have been from work!
either people use them as change, or they are brought in rolls from my boss for us to give out as change
hmmmmmm
I should go to my bosses bank more
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2010  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must....keep....thread.....going....

I'm gonna try to get a cwr tomorrow

Nice finds! I want to know where your boss's bank is!
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2010  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lizzyjo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought four rolls today. No silver, but I did get new hole-fillers: a 2009-D American Samoa, and 1969-D. The latter completes my set of clad quarters 1965-1998 found in circulation! It's great to have a folder completely filled up!

mcmike1985, I'm not completely sure, but I'm guessing the blank planchet would be worth $5-10. Also, welcome to the forum!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1161 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2010  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladhunter13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to ring in on the topic. I live in Canada and reading this thread made me go out and buy a box of quarters. Here...quarters 1968 and older contain silver. In 1968 they switched the Canada quarters from 50 silver to no silver. From my boxed I managed to pull 2 1968 silvers. My boxed contained 22 rolls of original mint wrapped rolls from 2000. In 2000 the quarters were released with 12 different Millennium Designs. One design for each month. I wish I could afford to keep the Mint wrapped rolls. I opened a few of the rolls and kept some of the nicer coins from them. The rest went back to the bank.

Keep this thread going. Someone will get lucky and pull a mother load of silvers. With today's economy...more and more people are cashing in their collections to their banks for face value. The goodies are out there...just need to be at the rite place at the rite time.

Good luck with the quarter hunts.

cladhunter13 - Collector from Canada
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2010  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oblakavshtanax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
300 in CWR--->a 2004 canadian. other than that, no silver.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2010  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found no silver. But I did get two coins I needed for my collection
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2010  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oblakavshtanax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
me thinks that when you get the CWRs you've got to try and buy out the place you go to. that's probably the best chance you have of getting any, bc unless you get as much as they have they're not going to be giving you the oldest rolls they have.
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2010  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RollSeeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last silver quarter I got was in circulation, but I might get a few rolls to search soon. I recently got a very nice 1999-S Georgia, which looked so nice it could have come directly from a proof set. Just keep looking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3921 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2010  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a nice '56 Washington out of $300 worth of CWR's from my small credit union. Last time I found a silver from $400 worth of CWR's. This makes two silver quarters this year, from $1500 searched.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2010  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add centsless to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went by the bank today and picked a 14 rolls of halves.

No silver to be found.

My wife has taken a interest. She works at a local Jr. high and she checked the chaange from the concession stand from last nights ball game. She brought home 3 quarters, 2-58/d and 1-62/d and a Canadian nickel worth 5 cents.

I proud of her. I'm cashing in the halves in and will pick up some dimes and quarters in the morning
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2010  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck, centsless. Those are great finds. I've never gotten silver quarters in change, so you're doing better than me.
Page: of 124 Previous TopicReplies: 1,847 / Views: 225,693Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05