Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,863 / Views: 226,244Next Topic
Page: of 125
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2010  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and to the forum!
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2010  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrh70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some nice finds. I may have to start CRH'ing.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2010  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found my first America the Beautiful Quarter (Grand Canyon)

I know that they were going to redo the design to resemble the original 1932 design, and that makes me wonder because the obverse on the one I got looks worn. Is that what it's supposed to look like?

Also, the design shown in the back of the Red Book has a different design from the one I got. Did the mint do any last minute changes to the dies?
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2010  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm gonna buy some quarters either today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll finally find silver
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add digrox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Resurrecting an old thread here... but I found a 2001-S New York proof quarter in a roll this week. (Not a silver one though, alas.) It's a little beat up, but it doesn't look like it had been circulating that long.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2396 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i went through about $340 or so CWR.. found a few hot springs, yosemitie and yellowstone, but no silver
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a hundred bucks in Qtrs. yesterday....found a few of each of the A.T.B.'s.....all Denver mints.
Nothing else.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wolverine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I scored a 1961 quarter this morning at the gas station. The clerk opened the roll, I heard that distinctive clink and asked for it.
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2011  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sich0015 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped at a bank to pick up some nickels and a teller said they found a silver quarter about a week ago. I gave her a surprised look because I know they are rare to find. Then she said it was from 1852! It was in a customer roll that they opened up to count. She said the teller bought it right away.
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2011  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been quarter searching for erros and silver. No luck but I do enjoy the fact that they are easier to see and there aren't a ton of dates for me to look for like the pennies. Dimes are too hard to see.
Good luck everyone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4007 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2011  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$200.00 worth of rolls today- no silver, but I did find a real nice Coneca- 2009P Washington DC DDR-004- Extra Piano Key!

This is my 3rd 2009P 25Cent DC DDR finds.

I also found Coneca DDR-007 and DDR-011 in prior roll searches.

Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After $480 in CWR, I found nothing but a 2009 Canadian and 18 quarters from the '70's that look like they came straight from a mint set. There were Philadelphia and Denver-minted coins from the Bicentennial years, 1978, and 1979. Are those worth keeping, do they have any premium over face because they are in mint state?
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2011  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add florida to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only get to search them in the rolls at work, but finally found both a P & D of the American Samoa, a DC-D and a USVI-P....along with about 4-5 ATB Quarters and a 2010 Canadian.

I miss the days of finding Canadian silver in U.S. rolls....
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gonna bring this thread back to the top
got a box today since the teller forgot to order any change last friday
He told me he would give me whatever he could though and said he could do
quarters, dimes and pennies
took a box of each
quick edge search got me NO silver
oh well worth it
now to put back into the rolls
and search for extra ATB and territories quarters
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cravenfan07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received a 1953-D in a roll at work on Monday. Those are hard to get - only my third and we go through 50-80 dollars in quarters a day!
Page: of 125 Previous TopicReplies: 1,863 / Views: 226,244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05