Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,940 / Views: 233,879Next Topic
Page: of 130
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2011  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1952 in today's roll at work!
Valued Member
75 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2011  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnson1488 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found one this year, a 1963D. I found 16 in 2009, followed by a dream Dime hunt giving me 55 Silver Dimes in $240 worth. I like quarters as they are a neat find.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2011  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zestykat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday my mom gave me the change out of her wallet to let me search through and low and behold a 1953 quarter popped out at me. I almost couldnt believe my eyes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2011  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Planted there for sure... Jk. Awesome!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2011  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so for all you doubters out there:

$500 brink box

2! 64,D/P! WOHOO

I'm happy for you, and at the same time, sad. I can remember when they were all silver, and while I never searched quarters, I'm sure more than 1 in 1000 were Barbers.

Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2011  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I stopped at a bank to pick up some nickels and a teller said they found a silver quarter about a week ago. I gave her a surprised look because I know they are rare to find. Then she said it was from 1852! It was in a customer roll that they opened up to count. She said the teller bought it right away.

53s are all over the place, even in high circ grades, but 52s are tough. wonder if it's an o mint?
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2011  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
did a box of quarters ad think I'm adding it to my weekly search
found
1 proof 1974
2 ATB (mount hood D, and yellowstone P)
1 DC
3 other territories
1 BU 1972 D
those are the main finds
must keep thread alive
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2011  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hockingzig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I generally roll search pennies and nickels,I have dabbled in dimes and found a few silvers but never tried quarters. I have noticed a lot of 64's in change lately which tells me older coins are being dumped again. I have gotten 2 silver quarters in change over the last year so maybe it is time to roll search quarters. Can't afford boxes but if I can get 5-10 rolls and just keep recycling them,that I can do. I have a box of nickels that have been searched so I will recycle those as quarters. Just a note,CWR's are giving me better results than boxes with both nickels and cents.
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2011  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CWR always have given me better results too, its just more of a pain to lug around loose rolls, the boxes are easier to dump and pick up for me
I dont have time to go to 5 banks anymore and get a bunch of change that way
I suggest CWR to anyone especially for quarters. most of my silver quarters have come to me this way
Pillar of the Community
United States
862 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2011  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a bank roll at work, a 100 Won coin from South Korea turned up. This is the second Asian coin that I found, after one from Singapore.
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2011  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
grabbed another box. I am rotating a box of halves and quarters every week. This weeks box has been better then my halves since I've been getting skunked
I found a 1964 Washington!
3 p mint territories/dc
1 DC
1 american samoa
1 puerto rico
and one foreign besides the canadians
1977 republica italiana
good box I'll take any silver I can get
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
keeping it alive here anyone else...
well a box this week not as good as the one last week
skunked
did find
grand canyon P mint
hot springs P mint
yellowstone D mint
8 DC/territories
1977 franc
no silver but I think I now have all the ATB Quarters released so far P and D mint
quarters are fun and people wondering how to get the ATB/territories quarters can get them in box searching
possibility of big silver finds too
Til next week
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what's the deal -- as far as an explanation that anyone can think of -- as to why quarter and dime boxes are so much lighter on silver than half dollar rolls? You'd think that the 15-dollar coins would be the first out of the pool, but they seem to be the only ones left.
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iowaguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree seems odd when think any regular issue half before the 64 Kennedy and the 40% kennedys looks totally different would think people would at least think about it looking different and look at date. Whereas quarters and dimes more years of Roosevelt and Washington silvers people might not pay attention. Hope not confusing rambling I just typed lol
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dimes are where I find the most pieces
dimes 125 silver pieces
nickels 37 silver pieces
quarters 26 silver pieces
half dollars 82 silver pieces (59 of which are not 90 percent silver)
silver is out there in all the denominations its just when you get silver halves people get more excited because they are worth more
if you find 2 full rolls of silver halves (90%)
you would have to find 4 rolls of silver dimes to have the same melt value
200 dimes to 40 halves
thats why half dollar hunting is so crazy. If you hit it big you really win
Page: of 130 Previous TopicReplies: 1,940 / Views: 233,879Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05