Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RIP Cameron Kiefer  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add FreezerBurn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't see any mention of Cameron's passing on the board. Dead by his own hand at age 28. Cameron left a wife and two children. Goodbye, football head, I'm gonna miss ya! FB

Pillar of the Community
United States
3429 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cameron, I always liked the way we did bisiness. You emboddied charactor. If they make you empty your pockets, check the change.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4837 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's terrible news. Cameron was a former member of our local coin clubs in Visalia and Fresno. We were all excited for him when he headed out to Colorado to join ICG. I saw him most recently as a representative for that firm at the Long Beach show. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12421 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man, that is really bad news and I feel terrible for his family especially for it to happen days before Christmas Cameron's sampleslabs website was a good resource, I wonder what will happen to the domain?
ANA R-3151318
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He will be missed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1946 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garylcsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know him but will shoot out a prayer
Learn More...
United States
16261 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong but was he the youngest grader on their team? Too bad. My condolences.
johnny54321 - Missed and eternally loved by your CCF family.
CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396, C4

Learn More...
United States
23295 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What? I have no words.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2010  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How sad. So young, so bright. My heart goes out to his wife and especially his children, which are 3 and 1 years old, I believe.

I thought I had heard his business was struggling or in trouble and may have aided in this tragic decision. I'm sorry, but I just don't see what would have been more important than those children.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2010  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought I had heard his business was struggling or in trouble and may have aided in this tragic decision.

Yeah, he had some bad dealings that in his words were ruining his reputation. There was a post office worker in his town that stole 11000 packages (that's eleven thousand packages) before he got caught and admitted some of those were coins. I am not sure if this is actually what happened to his packages but I believe it was mentioned by him in a post on another forum. He was very concerned about his reputation and business that he had spent a big chunk of his young life building would never recover from the problems he was having. It seemed Numismatics was all he knew and had a problem with what he would ever do if his business and reputation failed. A young person usually doesn't have the experience to know you can recover from a failing business as long as you do not keep causing more problems for yourself by taking in more orders and just worry about handling your present obligations before you worry about anything else. I think he was having to take more orders to be able to pay off the problems he had (kind of like taking from Peter to pay Paul) which just caused more problems for him.I do not know all the facts about the case as I try to keep myself out of bad publicity that doesn't involve me. I could imagine for a small business it would be hard to recover from a few packages containing a few ROLLS of ASE's being taken from the post man

I do know he was ANA's YN of the year and then joined as a grader at ICG and even taught some seminars at coin shows. He was a very bright individual that had allot of knowledge and should have been one of the greats of this hobby if he had just kept it a hobby instead of trying to make it a business, but that is what most people do when thats all you know.

My first wife suffered the same fate and I know how his wife and kids feel and will feel for the rest of their life. To be honest I can sit back and thank GOD that I had to go through it because with the state of mind I have been in at times it would have been easy to go the same route but I always thought about how I had to see my daughter suffer because of it and even though I may have hated myself I always loved my kids and when I thought they would be better without me, I thought about how it was for her and then realize how selfish it would be for me to worry about my pain right now and not worry about my kids pain for the rest of their life
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2010  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
11,000 packages!

Well, that certainly sounds worse than I originally thought. I'm sure he must have been under a tremendous amount of stress.

But, I think your last paragraph says it best and I only wish he could have taken that route. Obviously he was not thinking clearly.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05