Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has PCGS discontinued their quartely special program?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  8:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nolawyer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just went on the PCGS site to look for their current quarterly special and I could not find any info about quarterly specials. I know that this quarter had a special for copper coins, but I wanted to find out the specifics.

The quarterly special used to be listed in the membership benefits, but it is no longer mentioned as a benefit.

Does anyone know if they discontinued this program?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luke, I went through the whole site and found nothing on quarterly reports. There's a weekly vidio report, the pop report, and all kinds of info on sales, but not qrtly report. Actually, I don't remember a qtrly report.
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nolawyer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carmykle,

I was asking about their quarterly special for members. PCGS would offer each of its member 1 free submission each quarter. For example, one quarter they might offer 1 submission for any US gold coin with a value under $2,000. I checked their site in October, and they were offering a free submission for a US copper coin this quarter - I think it had to be minted prior to 1982. Today, I can't find any mention of this on their site.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8352 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see it either nolawyer. Maybe they took it down because we're so close to the end of the quarter? The 1st Quarter 2011 Special should be posted by 01/03/2011.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2010  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a member and no I have not seen nor have been offered a special submission. Believe me, I would have jumped on it. If it was gold or silver, that is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2010  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nolawyer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've taken advantage of most of the free quarterly submissions since I've been a member. I was trying to find info on this quarter's submission and it has been removed from the site. I've done some research on the PCGS forums and apparently PCGS is going to announce a big change to their free quarterly submissions in January.
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2010  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nolawyer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got an email from PCGS today and here is how they are changing their quarterly special:

"Effective for the first quarter of 2011 we will be modifying the Quarterly Special. Historically a very small percentage of Club members take advantage of quarterly specials. We hope that the new format will encourage greater participation by having more to offer for everyone. For each Quarterly Special we will be choosing various services and creating a bundled offer. For example the first Quarterly Special for 2011 will be: submit 4 coins under Standard Economy service level (a $72 value) and only pay for 3 ($54). Simply write "Quarterly Special" on your submission form and fill out as usual. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, or submission, and is limited to one Quarterly Special per member per quarter. As we go through the year there will be similar types of bundled offers."
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2010  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool, I didn't get the email but that is still better than the other way
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2010  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't either. I'll have to determine why I'm not receiving their emails.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05