Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why you should collect Newfoundland coins.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Canada
22 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2018  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gangsta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one: https://www.PCGS.com/cert/34217676.
I need to take photos of the others.
Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess by black hole you meant no color because otherwise that's a beauty.
Canada
22 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2018  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gangsta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, some of mine sometimes look too dark to see (even though they do have much details), specially when viewed in non-ideal lights and against a white 2x2 background. I feel like sending them to PCGS just to have them photographed ;). If only they/someone offered a photograph-only service...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the looks of the Newfoundland coins. Is there a guide for collecting that someone could recommend me?
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a list of NL coins to collect:

http://eastcoastcoins.ca/learn-coin...ns-checklist
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadacoins201 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anywhere that I can find Newfoundland coins with paying a high price for them. I'm the type of collector to just find things in coin rolls. Never pay over face value unless I have a friend with a coin I want and I'll pay a lower price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a list of NL coins to collect:

Thank you! I'm about 20 hours away from Nova Scotia and then a 8 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland. Will try to make that vacation this summer!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up my first Newfoundland coin today. 1919 50-cent piece.

Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2018  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You-re totally welcome.

Nice start to your Newfoundland coin collection. Beware! Before long you will develop an affinity for Newfoundland coins and soon after that you will be hopelessly addicted to them. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2018  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada
22 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gangsta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a recent purchase towards my Vicky typeset (I mostly collect cents):
Learn More...
United States
60291 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2018  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a recent purchase towards my Vicky typeset (I mostly collect cents):
Wow! That looks fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4088 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2018  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gangsta and

What a beauty!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2311 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2018  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My father was stationed in Iceland in the 1960s in the US Navy. When he was stationed there he wound up accumulating dozens upon dozens of coins from Iceland (of course), Scandinavia and Newfoundland. These coins were the beginning of my present ALOFEC (At Least One From Each Country ) collection. There are so many from Newfoundland though that I havenít yet put the time into identifying all of them. Time to put that on my to do list. Thanks for the thread.

Gangsta, really nice coin.
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2018  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Gangsta!

That is one pretty twenty cent piece. Love the tone!
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05