Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Coin!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that penny is wasted!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1793 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  03:55 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that penny is wasted!

I bet it would get an MS-64 Red. What do you think?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that penny is wasted!

Talk about a waste of a good penny.
Here's another of a different sort.
It grades 'MS-0600GC': 'Missile strike @ six o-clock; green crud.'
In which the missile was one of those heavy antique square-cut nails very purposefully directed.
This maltreated minor came in a small auction boxlot of foreign coins. The idea of willfully damaging a coin in such a manner is certainly foreign to my way of thinking.
One can only wonder at the amount of force necessary to pierce this thick copper, and the reason for doing so.
Was it perhaps nailed to a tree as a marker of some sort more than a century and a half ago when it was still shiny, whereupon the marker was subsequently forgotten, the tree long since rotted away, and the unfortunate coin then found by someone with a metal detector?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1793 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  09:56 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As they say on all the car forums... That'll buff right out.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2011  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when I see a morgan with a hole in it --I tear up
Edited by Coinstar
07/05/2011 8:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
84101 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow this thread ROcks! So many that I would love in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Had to throw one in, Really enjoying everyone's posts. Thank You
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mysilveryears, Excellent theory.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2357 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually I detest "gimmicky" modern coins - and I normally only purchase coins that have been used for circulation - but I do have this one - with a porcelin insert which I though was quite unusual --

Poland 2002 20 Zlotych
KM457
Edited by Bacchus2
07/06/2011 3:24 pm
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if I were to post every coin I have just uploaded to the forum over the years I could fill up a whole page of nothing but pictures. I will go through in a few minutes and pick out some of my favorites

This is just a few of my favorites:

Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awesome Bryan!
Edited by Coinstar
07/06/2011 7:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I got a few,but keep in mind poor mans coins

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'm hooked what an awsome thread!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2011  03:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan1315 WOW! You ever think about adopting. You wouldn't have to worry about all the younger year headaches. I'm 31 . Very, Very nice. Some day, I hope to enjoy a few alike pcs. Until then. I've got all you, to live through. Thank You for posting.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05