Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My "Red Paper Clip" CCF Trade Experiment - 2021 Reboot Starts On Page 26

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 384 / Views: 52,318Next Topic
Page: of 26
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  11:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone remember the news story about the guy who traded a red paper clip for other things until he ended up with a House?

I read all about it and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun...So I decided I was going to give it a shot....I started on craigslist ad in the Detroit Area and first got a nasty response from someone.

Then a rec'd this trade offer

(It was a picture of a gun...but no more photobucket :) )

It is a "Blank" gun...but creeped me right out. So I decided Craigslist is not the place for me.

Then I thought how about CCF...Maybe instead of a house I will end up with a nice coin for my 7070 album or a civil war token for my collection.

So here it goes....Any numismatic item will be considered. I will then take a picture of the item I get and put it on this same thread to trade for something else. Until of course I end up with something I want to keep....And then (if it was fun and well received) maybe I will start over.

If you want to trade...Just post..."Trade offer sent" as a reply...and then PM me.

When I accept a trade I will post "trade in process, stay tuned"

When I receive the trade I will reply to this topic with the current offering.

Hopefully people will find something in this thread that they actually want and trade something they have laying around that they don't want anymore.

Let the trades begin....Don't forget to subscribe to this thread...You never know what is going to jump out at you.

Edited by MINT_MARQ
03/02/2021 09:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First Item up to be traded...A wooden Nickel

Pillar of the Community
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trade offer sent
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
785 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll stay tuned. Possibly I'll also find something nice to trade too! :)
My tradelist and some wanted items are here! : http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=398127
Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andrewjconners to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow sounds like a lot of fun. A fake gun from Detroit. Hahahaha
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2448 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I would have taken the gun! But then I always lock my doors. (Even way out here in rural America.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah....I lock my doors too! But you have to leave the house to meet someone to exchange a gun for a piece of wood.

My luck, when I would have posted the gun up for trade... I would have been arrested because it is was a gun used in an armed robbery...the police probably wouldn't care that it was a blank gun.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2011  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trade in process, stay tuned
Rest in Peace
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2011  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fake guns are probably less common than real guns in detroit, lol.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2448 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2011  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did you get?
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2011  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now available...anyone interested in trading any numismatic item for:

1920 Swiss 10 rappen

No reasonable offer will be refused
Pillar of the Community
United States
3060 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2011  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trade offer sent
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2011  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bluemule31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
why does that creep you out? having a gun in your hand?
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2011  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unnkown95 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cause you dont know anything about the gun, what it was used for, why the person wants to trade it, and its not worth the trouble lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2011  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BLUEMULE31 said: why does that creep you out? having a gun in your hand?

The creepiness factor all depends on your location and life experience I guess.

If you grew up in the city of Detroit in the 80s and 90s like me, you might be more creeped out than say....Someone who grew up in Mayberry shooting cans off a fence post with Opie Taylor.

Oh and what Unknown95 said:

By the Way

Trade in Process stay tuned
Edited by MINT_MARQ
01/21/2011 09:28 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2011  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Long trade? No trade? No update?
Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 384 / Views: 52,318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05