Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My "Red Paper Clip" CCF Trade Experiment - 2021 Reboot Starts On Page 26

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 381 / Views: 51,963Next Topic
Page: of 26
Pillar of the Community
United States
1895 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2015  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hooray! Hope your move goes well! Will be looking forward to seeing this thread revived again!
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over 10 years ago, I started this trade topic. I had a lot of fun with it, but after 2 years ran into a questionable trade. My trade partner disappeared. I decided to start over, but it just wasn't the same. Then after a year my trade partner had a guilty conscience about "forgetting" about me, and sent a box of stuff. Not really an equal trade for what he got, but I guess better than being stiffed. At the time, I was finishing my Masters degree, just moved into a new house, just started a new job, and was kinda disenchanted with the whole experience. Actually pushed me away from the whole hobby for awhile too. I have been going through some refocusing in my collection and found the box from the trade in my closet.

So after a decade has passed since I started this, maybe a "Saved by The Bell" like reboot is in order.

So here is the recap. I started with this wooden nickel

26 trades later plus 1 additional trade when I thought the original trade died (If you care to see some of the great numismatic items that got me here, take a peak at the link in the next reply). I ended with this group of coins and 10 grams of silver.

Simple rules:
Don't post your offer as a reply, instead send me a PM if you want to trade, I like keeping it a secret until I reveal what the new offer is. Due to past experience, I will send out my trade to you, when the new trade is received. Final reboot comment, this is for fun, to see how far I can go with it, so I hope everyone enjoys the journey with me.

I wonder if any of my OG trading partners are still subscribed to this topic.

Without further ado...Anyone want to trade for these odds and ends?

Edited by MINT_MARQ
03/04/2021 7:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trade Tracker

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share...k1F2vQEtjfAX

Wooden Nickel > 1920 10 Rappen > 1946 M 10 Centavos > 2010 Turkey 1 Lirasi > 1991 Marshall Island $5 > 1965 Canadian quarter > 1929-S woodie wheat > 1973-S proof Kennedy > 1979 coin guide > 1972 die clash Eisenhower > 1984 Canadian mint set > 1985 proof set with 1919 wheat > 1996 Twoonie and Nickel > 1994 Snowden auction catalog > 5 Mercury dimes > 1984-s proof Nickel PF69 > 5 silver Kennedy halves > some awesome Australian florins > a peace and Morgan $ > a Kangaroo at Sunset > 1843 One Cent > 1878 Morgan, a strike thru Buffalo, a Franklin half, and a Mt Rushmore Commemorative half > a 1993 Kangaroo and 4 Australian Notes, an American Eagle and 40 ancients > 1837 Feuchtwanger One Cent Token > an 1842 Dime and 1833 half dime > MS70 2013 W Eagle...MIA Trade for a year...added a aluminum Continental Token > received an 82 BU quarter...then a Box of Coins came from the dead trade including Proof halves some bullion, a couple slabbed coins (see pictures of the Reboot) > what will be next?
Edited by MINT_MARQ
03/02/2021 09:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it would help if I listed what was included in this "Odds and Ends" lot. I am not a huge collector of varieties, so I don't even know if any of this has value. I do know some of the silver does.

So this trade is for a:

1963 Proof Dime in a "SEGS" slab. The slab label says that it is Light Cameo PR-66. And the dime is labeled FS-017 (whatever that means)

1941-S Quarter in a "VSS Variety Slabbing Service" slab. The slab label says that it is a FS-501 with a Large S mint mark with rounded "Trumpet Tail" lower Serif.

1955-D Quarter. Raw, but is in BU like condition from the looks of it. Very nice coin.

1957 Wheat cent. Raw and has Bie Error written on the flip. I don't know what that means.

1960-D LMC. Raw and has Small Date BU MS64 written on the flip. Not my cup of tea, so not sure.

2000 LMC, Raw and has 2000 Wide AM written on the flip. BU condition.

1942 Canadian Cent. Raw in cardboard flip.

1982 Quarter. Raw in plastic flip. Looks to be BU.

1985 S Proof Half in cardboard flip. Looks a little cloudy.

2009 S Proof Half in Air Tite. Looks good, but I think it has a finger print from the person who put it in there.

1963 Jefferson nickel raw in cardboard flip. Labeled PR70. Definitely proof finish. I don't know if it is perfect.

A 10 gram bar of 999 silver in perforated 1 gram rectangles. Each one bar is labeled with the 1 gram 999 and valcambi suisse.

A bag of misc coins, including a 1985 $1 Australian coin, 1987 $1 Canadian coin, 1996 $2 Canadian coin, 1968 & 1979 50 cent coins from Canada, 1950 20 Francs, a coin that looks like it might be from Hong Kong, says 100 on the back, 2 -2012 & 2 -2013 Canadian quarters (two are colorized)

So maybe knowing what is in the lot, will help entice a trade. Feel free to PM me, if you want some better pictures of certain coins.

If you don't want to trade, but know varieties...feel free to share your opinion of value on this lot.

Thanks for stopping by and looking.

Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember...I am open to any numismatic item of equal or greater value...No one has anything collecting dust somewhere that they want to trade for this smorgasbord of coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Really...I will trade for any numismatic item of similar value. Albums, bullion, Tokens, reference books, mint sets, etc.

PM me with any offers.
Page: of 26 Replies: 381 / Views: 51,963Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05