Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2011 Canadian Coins In Circulation

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 107 / Views: 11,970Next Topic
Page: of 8
RCM Representative
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalCanadianMint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With so many coin enthusiasts here on coincommunity.com, we figure it's time we join the conversations. We're new on forums, so be kind as we ramp up!

After registering, our first question was - There's a lot of conversations going on --- where do we begin? Given the recent unveiling of our new 2011 circulation coins, we decided to start with a search for topics about 2011 circulation coins. We're glad we did because there have been some questions and buzz regarding what's happening with them. Since we're the proud producers of these coins, it's time we share some insight.

Since our October 7th announcement, we've officially released the first of five much anticipated 2011 circulation coins! It's a Parks Canada Centennial one-dollar circulation coin - aka a Loonie - and people are already finding them in their change all over Canada! We're seeing lots of happy tweets on our twitter account. If you're on Twitter, you should follow us at: twitter.com/CanadianMint

But here's the thing...you don't have to wait to find this Loonie in your change because you also have the option to participate in our online coin exchange where we're offering FREE shipping and no taxes! What you'll get is a 5-pack of Loonies for $5 = it's that easy! Just go to http://www.mint_ca/legendary for all the details!

Back soon and looking forward to reading people's comments!

PS The next coin to enter circulation will be the Boreal Forest two-dollar circulation coin (aka the Toonie). Watch for that starting November 1st!

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10726 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What you'll get is a 5-pack of Loonies for $5.00

As, a new member you are not supposed to sell coins until you have reached 250 posts.
True North
RCM Representative
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalCanadianMint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But we're not "selling" these coins...it's an online coin exchange like the public coin exchanges we do. It's an even exchange - $5 for $5. Make sense?
Pillar of the Community
1988 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are referring about 2011 coins...Lots in Hamilton
Valued Member
Canada
124 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will there be an exchange program on Nov. 1st for the two dollar coin?

What's the scoop on the 3 different (* 2 for colored) quarters I've read about? How will they come into circulation (or better yet, into my collection)?
RCM Representative
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalCanadianMint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Details re the Nov 1st release and related coin exchanges of the Toonie will be announced soon. Thanks for asking! The three 25-cent circulation coins (aka Quarters) -- of which half will be coloured -- have these scheduled release dates:

Wood Bison
Release Date: Mid-February, 2012

Orca
Release Date: Mid-March, 2012

Peregrine Falcon
Release Date: Mid-April, 2012

All five coins will also be offered via our online coin exchanges! Watch http://www.mint_ca/legendary for updates there!
Valued Member
Canada
124 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent! Thanks for the information! :)
RCM Representative
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalCanadianMint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're very welcome! Wow this is a busy place!
Valued Member
Canada
124 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is.. and let me be the first!

To the site! :)
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EY_Pep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I did it. $5 for $5 no shipping/taxes. Not bad.
RCM Representative
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalCanadianMint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you tiker! We're pleased to finally be here :)
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickle nubber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and welcome to the forum. I think it's great to have a rep from the mint on this forum.I'm sure you will be able to help with the many questions from other MEMBERS.PS I have also ordered my 5x$5 and also ordered the 3 $20 for $20 coins
Valued Member
Canada
186 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timotay01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree great to have a mint rep here. I have a question, will the quarters be released in the same way as the loonie and toonie or through banks?
Learn More...
Canada
9144 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RoyalCanadianMint, so does this mean you are actually listening to the collectors directly (instead of high volume coin dealers and resellers), when we complain about the poor quality of the 2011 circulation coin set? You have no idea how disappointing it was to see the Winnipeg circulation strikes in that coin set, and yet you still charged $19.95 for it. A tradition started by the RCM in 1953 comes screeching halt to a disappointing end in 2011. Even the introduction of the latest Charlton Standard of Canadian Coins Catalogue reflected on this fact.

Why can't the RCM continue to make one of its most popular sets of all time, in Ottawa?
Why does the RCM charge such a high price for this set, made of Winnipeg strikes, as if it were like previous sets?
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1730 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2011  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have found at least 10 of every one...
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 107 / Views: 11,970Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05