Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 One Cent No P No Logo Magnetic

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 164 / Views: 23,785Next Topic
Page: of 11
Learn More...
Canada
9780 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  12:50 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
darryldarryl, I know a collector in the Toronto region who would easily double that dealer's offer for your coin.... he wants one pretty bad, and your grade would appeal to him...

I personally think you are sitting on a rare gem, much rarer than the 1955 NSF.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be a real rare modern day coin. Don't sell unless you need the money.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1439 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 1965 large beads 5c is much rarer, undervalued and not well known :)...although the 2006P nonmagnetic 1c seems to have more demand...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SPP-Ottawa as tempting as it is I plan on sitting on it for a while. Worst case scenario is someone shows up at ICCS with a few rolls of them thus bringing down the price.
Which dealer is it? LOL!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opps! Collector, not dealer. LOL!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing newer than 1976 is even rated in trends now.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its to my understanding littlemoney that CCN will be rotating the trends. Afew issues will be 1976 and prior then the next few will be post 1976. We will see what happens. Personally, I like the old format and if I dont see post 1976 soon then I will cancel my subscription.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2011  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with you darryldarryl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2011  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fantastic coin, dd. 2006P coins are hard enough to find in their regular magnetic form, let alone non-magnetic.

I have still not found a no logo, no P 2006 magnetic in circulation. I think you guys on the east end of the country have a natural advantage when it comes to the chances of finding them.

PS - I have no doubt there are more magnetic coins to be found in circulation. People still find XWL's, '53 mules and all sorts of other stuff in change. If memory serves, SPP found a '55 NSF in the wild, and people have been searching for those a lot longer than the 2006 coins.
Edited by 1cent
07/01/2011 1:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2011  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you 1cent. Do you think I am being to optimistic by looking for another Non Magnetic 2006P ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Optimistic? Probably, but that doesn't mean you won't find one. There is a story that may or may not be true about a guy who searched every 10 cent roll he could get his hands on for years, and eventually found what he was looking for: a 1969 large date.

My point being, searching is still going to give you a better chance than not searching. My unicorn is a 1965 type 1 cent in PL. I check every PL set I can and have never seen one, either in person, in an auction, or even in a picture. I never stop looking though.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
593 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was pretty happy to pick up a 2006 no P no logo magnetic penny MS 63 for $80. There are not many around.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2011  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep up the search 1cent!

Nice job on your purchase Cownick!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2011  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my 2006 no P no logo magnetic, a raw MS 65 for $56. The only way to go if you don't want to pay TPG prices.
Edited by littlemoney
07/05/2011 4:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2011  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a great price for that coin! Well Done littlemoney!
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 164 / Views: 23,785Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05