Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Td Bank Is Extremely Unprofessional.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 7,156Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  11:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok, I looked through a box of quarters and didn't find anything... I put brought all $500 to the coin counter at TD bank and some pennies I had to dump (Over 10 dollars worth). When the receipt printed out I knew something was wrong when it read 10 cents in pennies and 450 dollars on the receipt. So I went to get a manager... It turned out the machine clogged. While I was getting a manager (Who turned out to be a extremely nasty lady) a couple came in and put there coins in the counter. Then they pressed count and it said There are no coins in the machine (even though they dumped all of there coins in ( Which is funny because I had and empty box of quarters sitting on the machine and they just moved it ). So then they removed the quarter bag and put a new one on and then all of mine and there coins came rushing down the chute. The couple walked off with my money because the manager asked me to write my name down while they walked off with $80 ( Which is also funny because it was tiny I mean tiny piggy bank the size of two adult fists) Because she thought that they didn't get my money and when they send the bags out to be counted there would be a difference (Which also makes no sense because The machine didn't distribute or count any of my coins... until they changed the bag which made the couple that decided to put there coins in get a free $60 dollars. Then I had a fight with her (She refused to let me explain how the other couple got my money and how the bags won't be over because my money was never counted until the couple put there coins on top of mine). I am never going to go to that bank again. (Also, Some random man tried to give me the $60 they owed me, obviously said no because I Want my money not his.) Any suggestions?
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickolas086 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your just some kid to her, now if you were an adult it would be a different story...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The all-important question- are you an account holder at that bank?
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mshev to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's absurd!! I'd document everything as well as possible, including the names of everyone you spoke with, and then contact as many people as people until you get your money back. If there are higher managers at the bank, that's where you should go first. If that doesn't work, see if there is some sort of regional headquarters.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickolas... My parents came in to she was equally nasty.

Biokemist... Yes I was and she was aware

Mshev... I would probably get my money back and then get my account closed for causing a problem
Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you are due a refund. Since TD is a national bank, you can file a complaint with the U.S. Treasury Department Comptroller of the Currency. Try to make your story a bit more concise. Just let them know you are (1) you tried to cash in $510 worth of coins and were certain of that amount, (2) The counting machine jammed, (3) TD reimbursed you for only $450.10. Make sure to mention the name and location of the branch, the time and date of the problem, and that you escalated to a bank manager with no satisfactory resolution.

http://www.occ.treas.gov/
https://appsec.helpwithmybank.gov/olcc_form/

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to say it but your first problem was leaving your uncounted money in an unattended machine. The bank certainly has issues here but getting your money combined with someone else's money added multiple layers of complication to a case that would have otherwise been relatively easy to solve. Good luck pleading your case, hopefully it is resolved in your favor
Edited by biokemist6
05/18/2011 12:46 am
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Secret Argent Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a bank... there's cameras all over the place. Wonder how difficult it would be to pull the tape?
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there were cameras in the machine. :(. biokemist. The people who used the machine weren't even customers of my bank they paid the 6%
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mshev to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Secret Agent - I'd put the chances of the bank doing that at close to 0... In fact, if they do pay out the money, I think even then they'd do it without even glancing at security footage.

Eric - Do you have any sort of transaction history you can refer the bank to? Like.. a series of withdrawals of $500, each followed by a deposit of $500? I really doubt they will close your account - but if even if they do, it doesn't sound like you'd be missing out! So long as you get your money back...
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, Td refused to give me the box I got it from chase.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were no real managers there ( It was 3:40 on a sunday)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 weeks ago hepened the same with me ,after put all coin on the counter I felt the machine jammed and didnt counted all the coins so I asked for help then came a teller . I told her the machine was not spining so she opened saw it was jammed , tooked her slmost 10 minutes to put the machiene to work and I told her my coins was cou ted so she checked all the record of the machine's day and asked to other teller acording with time and who and that then came with a recibe and my money and told me I'm sorry ; I told her thank you and was sorry for the trouble .
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eric273 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But what I love is how no error message came up saying it was full. That's what happened when I was watching this guy who owned a laundromat count his over 200 in quarters. You gt lucky ricardocody because while you got a staff member no one shoved there coins in the jam on top of yours.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3:40 on a Sunday? What bank is open on Sunday?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
3:40 on a Sunday? What bank is open on Sunday?

I use First Convenience, they are open Saturday till 7:00PM and Sunday till 4:00PM
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 7,156Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05