Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1899 Indian Cent - Comments?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wwhitman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For your grading pleasure and any comments.
I picked this up a week ago.
It's in an old NGC holder.
Any grading or comments would be appreciated.
I am getting into these Indians and am not sure I should be?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4911 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't usually grade Indian Head cents but I would guess MS-64 RD
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
06/11/2011 1:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4911 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice Coin By The Way
Pillar of the Community
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidZerbato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree with MS64RD, there are several flyspecks which would keep it from going higher IMO.
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add master6238 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64RD Holy cow thats a nice one!
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it's in an old holder I'll go with the crowd, MS-64rd. If you sent it in today it just might get a MS-65rd. Really nice Indian!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that is way much better than a 64. Call me crazy horse
but I bet it went at least 66 with a 67 possible.
Nice looking indian. Almost as good looking as me
Pillar of the Community
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indian Head cents are COOL! Yours is very COOL!
Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a great coin one of the best. MS66 strong strike.

The only thing that puzzles me is the leading edge of the first feather. It seems rough compared to all the top coins in the Heritage Auctions or photograde.

Could you post a better lit photo without all of the shadows?
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CuprousCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice MS64RD ! Appears to be very few marks of any kind. Try a little more "white balance" on your camera to get the natural color to photograph better. Indians are my favorite series , so it is always a pleasure to see an example this nice. thank you for sharing wwhitman.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3267 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Solid MS64. Easily may look nicer in hand and go higher(MS65).
And you should be into them, MS IHC's are the Classic beauty of the American cent world
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1900Indian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say it's on the higher end of MS64.. Really nice coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
8900 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!!

Easily an MS64RD!

I truly think this is the finest IHC I've ever seen...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wwhitman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again trying with the photos.
Have not got a handle on them, but here ya go.

http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/...ent_Obv2.jpg

http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/...ent_Rev2.jpg
Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again great coin no problems.

So what does NGC say or did I miss that?
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wwhitman what's up with the grade on this Indian it's been 5 days now, how long do we have to wait. lol.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05