Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1875-S 20 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  8:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Did my best on this and came up with a VF25
Images are scans. Not showing as sharp than in hand.
Liberty is all there and readable but not real sharp.
Sorry, had to crop the rev. to make the 99 file max. upload :) Rims are just fine.
Did a 600 d.p.i. scan on both sides but the rev. came out larger for some reason as far as file size. Jeesh.
Maybe we can get a 101 file size max. on here.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1691 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
check for S/S mint mark... agree with your grade....enjoy!
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe we can get a 101 file size max. on here.

You do have your free Gallery, right? The Gallery is rather more generous with bitspace.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did not know about the SS. S seems flat and a little mushy
but will look closer thanks.
Did not even know about the gallery Dave, Thanks.
I would normally just upload to bucket on anything over 100
but a direct upload is quicker on here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
U'm, O.K. I looked for some gallery info but could not find
any. I read your link Dave. I see the image optimizer but do not need that. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2011  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not that I am complaining about a VF25 grade on this coin
but I just got done looking at a bunch of PCGS, NGC and anacs
ones and they are giving grades of VF30, 35 and even 40
to coins with less detail than mine. Are the TPG's going whacky or should I just jump on board here. ?
There is even one on the bay and bidding is well over $200.00 for a PCGS 30 that looks not that great. Also, about that SS
mine does look a little different but not sure exactly what it
is supposed to look like.
Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2011  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know don't those TPGs just drive you nuts.

From your image I'd say VF25.

I like the 20c coins they kind'a remind me of a mini Trade dollar but not quite.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2011  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you get a closer shot of the mintmark?

There is an RPM variety that exists.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2011  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add busthalf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indian let me tell you something.That is a nice coin. If LIBERTY is clear in hand, I can see VF-30 If not F-15 or VF-20. Only you can see it in hand. Either way NICE. I'm a certified coin collecter because my grading skills suck. And I'm a big chicken when it comes to buying raw coins. YOU DID GOOD. Like Dave said check the mm.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2011  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Liberty I can read in hand. Stronger to the right.
Only part is the lower leg of the E that sort of blends in with the rest of of the banner. I was just amazed at the pics. I saw of other TPG's VF30's. I could not even make out a full never mind even a little mushy liberty on those. I checked ebay and saw a PCGS 30 going for well over FMV which is over $205.00 Think it brought around $240.00 Looked a lot more worn than mine. Still cannot find anything on the S/S. Either way S or S/S same price. I know it's tougher to sell a raw coin but sometimes it's a better deal. I just had to weigh the cost of a slab against what I wanted for it. Even if by chance it did go 30 it would still be a wash for what I am asking. I feel comfortable with a solid VF25 grade on this one. I think a very fair price and as always if not satisfied with what the grade is then it can be returned. Either a full refund or if a lower grade then make up the difference. I will keep this up on here for a few more days. Later in the week I am bringing this one and a few others that I have to my dealer. He pays full FMV to me if he wants the coin personally and close to FMV if he wants to resell.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05