Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post The Most Worn Coin You Have!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3343 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  12:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
We want to see the most worn coin you have!

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile and I have a very good starting peice..

I know you dudes are dying to see what the back looks like

Ta-Da!

Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only three-cent silver...sigh.

oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
07/08/2011 1:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two coins I consider my most worn:

This 1887 was the oldest in a dealer's Liberty nickel bin, so I bought it:

And this one I found roll-searching. I was hoping when I saw the rev it was a wheat from the teens, but nope ...:

"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, its rare to see a 40's wheat that worn. I would have thought it was teens as well :/
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sidekick-CA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here she is. 1839 English groat (4 pence) Dugger up with my detector.

Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From my junk box: LMC

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are all real bad. Sorry I just don't have anything that bad.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
576 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything that good I had wen't to the melting pot. I guess they were worth good money.
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy, what date is that? I thought it must have been a LWC.
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hambone

Fuzzy, what date is that? I thought it must have been a LWC.

I don't have the coin in my hands right now, but those should be the pictures of the coin. I agree that the date looks in the teens, but the reverse appears to have a worn Memorial. I will try and look at the date closer Monday.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1819 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 1887-S Seated Liberty dime is a little worn, but you can still see the date and mint mark. I did an overlay in Photo Shop to check the mint mark, but it's there!

I may send it to SGS for grading. What do you think they'll give it? XF? AU?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I may send it to SGS for grading. What do you think they'll give it? XF

I'm thinking SGS MS66 maybe?

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6115 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bust dime with only the center of the shield and 10 readable.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add michaeln1306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow....and I thought I had some worn coins...nothing I have compares.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy, I believe I see a memorial also, and from the shape of Lincoln's bust I think this penny is from 1959-1968.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1819 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2011  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy, I used Photo Shop to try to match the monument and it's WAY off to one side. If I line up the profile of Lincoln, the date and LIBERTY aren't in the correct position. The date is WAY too high compared to the profile and LIBERTY is at an angle and not at the correct distance from the profile. It's one of the weirdest coins I've ever seen! PLEASE let me know if you ever want to sell it!

If you don't want to sell it, I'll pay shipping both ways just to study it.

I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON! Cool, weird and worn... ya can't beat that!
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05